Can you access your world from a different PC?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Repomeister, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

I am at my gf's house and want to play some minecraft this weekend but am afraid if I login from her PC that it will reset my world or something. Is it safe to do?
  2. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

You can log in, your minecraft world saves won't be there as they can only be accessed on your computer, but you can add the server and play on there :)
  3. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

So I log in and enter survival world, I get tp'ed to my home coordinates but nothing will be there? Or will I start all over?

How do mp games get saved to local pc? Is it safe to copy world to mem stick? Sorry for alltthe questions but I don't want to mess up my progress.
  4. Asmeroas

Asmeroas Member

Singleplayer games are saved to the computer, but with multiplayer worlds like Vanillaworld all the data is saved to the server. All you'll need to do is log into your account and it'll all be there!

Your area and items will only be lost if you use /start (teleports you to a new area with a clean slate, even your Ender Chest is emptied I think), or don't log into the server for 30 days (double check on that number, not 100% sure). Inactive areas are eventually reset.
  5. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

Oh good! That's what I was hoping but didn't want to brick my world if I was wrong. Thanks
    Asmeroas likes this.
  6. Asmeroas

Asmeroas Member

No problem! :)

Just remember to check to make sure your girlfriend doesn't have a bunch of mods installed or whatever. There are some allowed Minecraft mods (mentioned on the forum here somewhere) but double check!
  7. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

Be careful... if you log in on her computer and a few days from now she dumps your tushie... she might log in and use your own character to grief your own builds!.. Remember.. they ate the Apple FIRST!! Evil.....
    Cool_Coder likes this.
  8. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

Luckily we are on pretty stable ground because she probably *would* do that (she is an Ultima Online player) LOL
    Cool_Coder and Ontvlambaar like this.