Cause of Crashing

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Thyestefles, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

So I got off work this morning and did some digging. I finally tracked the crashing down to being a problem with a plugin running async code. I did some updates and may have resolved the issue, we will know soon enough :p

Either way, I know exactly what to look for now and what needs to be done if it isn't fixed yet. That's a good bit of progress I'd say. We appear to be more stable currently, however, it's hard to tell for sure with the server only being up from the restart for a short while. I should be able to tell if there is a difference later in the day.

The crashing should be resolved within a week or so, if it still happens. The time frame really depends on if we crash again and how often. Hopefully my current assumption that it is resolved is correct and I can move on to other things.

The only server with the updates currently is survival, just in case a new problem comes up as a result. So if you see the other servers crash and survival still up, it's probably due to that. If survival remains up, I will update the others and they should also remain stable. If not, I can at least rule out a possible cause.
  2. BaileyFairythorn

BaileyFairythorn Active Member

*crosses fingers* Yay Thy!
  3. Thyestefles

As of right now, the server has been up for 25 hours without crashing and still looks good. Not 100% sure but, it is looking like we are in the clear and can expect lots of clouds and rain on the server without interruption.
    BaileyFairythorn likes this.
  4. BaileyFairythorn

Let's hope you didn't jinx it ;)
    darkmajik20 likes this.
  5. Thyestefles

We just crashed, however, it appears to be a network issue and/or attack.
  6. Thyestefles

Good timing I suppose since I am not at work :p

Yea, my console is running very slowly so good chance it is a network issue or another DDoS, not the plugins or spigot.
  7. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

You HAD to say something, Thy! You just HAD to, didn't you?!
    ElleLightbulb likes this.
  8. BaileyFairythorn

9. Turtles_epicness

Turtles_epicness HG Tribute

XD Thy jinxed it!
  10. Thyestefles

Alright, I just ran more updates and included the changes in all servers. We should see stability now everywhere as well as possibly better performance. I performed a physical restart on the server since it had been a while. Should be good.

Maybe now I can get around to coding in the 1.8 stuff for skyblocks or something...
    Kaos_Monkey likes this.