Eberkon: The dwarf city

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Konachaan, Dec 28, 2013.

1. antony_cathles

antony_cathles Moderator Staff Member

Been busy on other things. but Nattfazad convinced me that we needed a Ocean Monument Farm... so here is Stage I.
    2015-11-02_22.17.22.png
  2. Vigge

Vigge Active Member

HOLY...MOLY!
    Good job Ant!!!!
    I shall join in and help you as soon as i can ;_;
  3. antony_cathles

Stage II Complete
    2015-11-09_22.34.14.png

With catcher
    2015-11-09_22.34.47.png
    N2Mining and JaredBGreat like this.
  4. FoxInFlame

FoxInFlame Member

How do you dig so big? Do you use an enchanted pickaxe with some beacon efficiency? It will surely take ages, even if you have a couple of people (e.g. 5)... Of course, the pickaxe will also run out very quickly, if you mine out such a huge area....?

I'm trying to dig a big hole (30 by 30 and 20 blocks deep) in the ground, but it is taking ages, even with an efficiency 2 enchanted diamond pickaxe.
  5. Vigge

Vigge Active Member

My best hint for you, if you want to dig out large scales of holes. Is to use diamond pickaxes with unbreaking 3 and efficiency 5 + haste 2. If your pick is about to run out, don't throw it away or use it til it breaks. Just save it in a chest or something. And if you're digging in "diamond level(10-12)" You're pretty much going to get alot of xp, diamonds, ores etc, while you're mining. Which is a good thing, cause you can use those diamonds that you get to repair tools.
    And if you're not digging in diamond level, then I would recommend you to use emeralds and buy tools at spawn and use the enderfarm in the end to gain up xp and enchant more tools and books.
    Hope this helps you!:)
    P.s: The hole that we dug out also took ages(approximately 600,000 stone). No matter how fast or slow you dig, it's all about patience.
    JaredBGreat likes this.
  6. Well, most have eff 4 or 5, with unbreaking as well, and beacons were used -- Kona had a pick that could insta-mine smooth stone with the beacon going. Also, the main area was done back when you could repair a tool endlessly if it was named, and XP farms helped (though it did cost a lot of diamonds, so my branch mine helped too). I'm not sure how long the main room took, but other areas were added since, and it been almost two years since Eberkon was founded. Part of the plan was that it would be a long term project that could keep people busy for a while without a rush to get done (and not final plan for the whole thing, people keep adding new parts).
  7. antony_cathles

The main hall, 80 x 80 x 120 took over a month.

End III, Eff V picks with Haste Beacon did it.
    Each person chipped a level each day when they could
    JaredBGreat likes this.
  8. N2Mining

N2Mining Active Member

With the villagers at Spawn, grab some villagers near your base and trade with them. Figure out how to breed a few. Find a Farmer, grow a bunch of wheat, carrots, and potatoes and then trade. Then take the Ems to spawn and trade for tools. No need to find diamonds for repairs.
  9. FoxInFlame

FoxInFlame Member

Immediate Problem: There are no villages near by. :(
  10. N2Mining

N2Mining Active Member

There are always villagers. :)

Here's my trick. Get several stacks of enderpearls. Food, wood, cobble, etc. Head one of the cardinal directions on the compass. Use enderpearls to speed it up. Travel 2000 to 5000 blocks, probably take an hour or less. Look for villages. I have travelled several 1000 blocks from my base in 2 directions, and found 3 villages.

Once you find a village block the villagers into their houses, until you can get back. Then record the coordinates. Then I travel through the nether to the corresponding location and build a portal. With the 8:1 ratio for travel through the nether, you can make a 2000 block run to under 300 blocks. Once you have a simple nether path, then you can travel back and forth trading carrots and potatoes. Get the villagers to breed and you can really benefit. With 2 farmer villagers and a large potatoe and carrot farm and you can get to a stack of emeralds in a couple of minutes.

Another trick with the nether is to move your nether portal (the one in the nether) up to about Y=100. It will still link up with your overworld portal. Building that high up in the nether means you just have to dig to the location you want to go. Digging a 1 wide 2 high tunnel at that height is easy. It's safer, and you don't have to build bridges over lava lakes. An Eff III pick is almost instantly mining of nether rack.
  11. FoxInFlame

FoxInFlame Member

Well, nice to know its your trick. I might use it.
    Can you not bring villagers from one portal to another in the nether? By pushing them through a one block wide spaceway...
  12. You can get villagers anywhere with golden apples, potions of weakness, and a little patients....
    N2Mining likes this.
  13. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

Due to the configuration of our world, you cannot move mobs through your portals and through the nether. They are lost forever if you put them through.
  14. Sure glad I never tried to take a horse in.
  15. N2Mining

N2Mining Active Member

The nether portal thing is a bug with the multiverse plugin. I cannot find that it's been fixed. Bums me out horses make a great transport method in the nether. Plus I want dogs for my wither skellie farm. :-(
    JaredBGreat likes this.
  16. darkmajik20

darkmajik20 Member

Hello! I was just looking through this and wanted to say something. This is...... AMAZING!!!!! I have like zero patience so could never do something of this..magnitude. It is crazy awesome!! Also, my building skills... not so good. I am starting a new project, New Jungleton. I just need a better name. Anyway, this is amazing! I just wanted to say how great it is. Also, I found a really easy trick in skyblocks for getting villagers, but I have no idea if it would work as well in survival. so I will try it out and let you know. :woot: :woot:
    antony_cathles and JaredBGreat like this.
  17. antony_cathles

Been a long time since i posted, took me 3 months to build it, but i finally converted my ocean monument into an Ocean Castle.

Here are the pictures.
    2016-03-22_22.25.11.png
  18. antony_cathles

19. antony_cathles

20. antony_cathles

2016-03-22_22.26.54.png
    Anyone knows what it says?
    Vigge likes this.