Disallowed Enchant View Mod

Discussion in 'Client Mod Approvals' started by Halogeno, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halogeno

Halogeno Active Member

Hey there people.

I'd like you to check and evaluate this Mod to tell me if can be used.
    The enchant view mod allows you to see the enchantment you are about to place into the tool/weapon to upgrade.
    http://www.minecrafteo.com/enchant-view-mod-para-minecraft-1-7/
    it is an spanish website, but you can make google to translate for you.
    Altho the images speak for themselfes

enchant-view-1-7.jpg

Kind regards
  2. Xeriana

Xeriana Moderator Staff Member

Don't think this one will be allowed. In fact, it may not even work on the server for two reasons:

1) Stackable swords makes it seem like it's a complete gamechanging mod, which would need to be installed onto the server as a plugin (although Xeri's aware that the /give command can stack normally-unstackable items)
    2) Lv32 enchant on the enchanting table, for the same reason.

But.... Xeri's not at all familiar with game mods and plugins and servers, so.... might be completely wrong. ^_^
  3. jamerjamez

jamerjamez Games Master

The Stacked swords are because he grabbed them from creative in a stack most likely, maybe using too many items (or something along those lines), that can happen in Vanilla Minecraft so I see no problem there, however I don't know how the enchant costs 32 levels, that is a mystery too me.
    PrincessLala95 likes this.
  4. PrincessLala95

PrincessLala95 Games Master

I'm not sure what Thy will say on this one, but I will give my own opinion: when enchanting, choosing a level 30 enchant at random is a gamble you have to take. That is one of the aspects of vanilla minecraft; you don't KNOW what you're going to get unless you use a book. To me, while not EXTREMELY un-vanilla like some of the other mods suggested here, it is still un-vanilla and I don't feel that it should be used. It does not give any MAJOR advantages in the game, though, which is why I'm not sure what Thy will say...
    Konachaan and jamerjamez like this.
  5. Chevrine

Chevrine Active Member

I don't like the idea of it, either. Enchanting at random is part of minecraft, and it's fun to take that gamble. Besides, 1.8 will bring the addition of ONE enchantment being shown to you, so there's that.

Also, please refer to my rant on the audiomod thread about using seedy download sites like this.

Maaan I really wonder how many of the players on this server alone have jacked up their PCs using sites like that...
  6. Xeriana

Xeriana Moderator Staff Member

In Xeri's experience, grabbing a stack of an unstackable item using Shift in creative mode still only gives you one.
  7. themodernchap

themodernchap Member

There's no way this will be approved, takes the chance out of enchanting, not vanilla.
  8. alan1bean

alan1bean Member

In the next update I heard the first enchantment when you get multiple will be revealed, this is not vanilla and will not be allowed.
  9. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

Yea, after doing some digging around, I found that this would have to be installed on the server itself to work. This isn't really the kind of thing I would like to add to the server.

I haven't looked into 1.8 too much but, I do remember someone telling me that you could see what enchant you would get. The catch was that if you put a sword in, it would tell you what you would get but, you couldn't just exit the table and come back to get a new enchant, you have to take that enchant. Putting in a pair of pants would give you different enchants but, putting the sword back in would give you that same enchant options again.

I haven't verified that info but, this mod could potentially become completely useless due to that.
  10. jamerjamez

jamerjamez Games Master

Yes in 1.8 you will be able to see 1 of the enchantments that will make it on your item
  11. rwsender

rwsender Well-Known Member

but say you dont like the enchantment you could put it on a wooden sword(so that you dont waste the diamond ones) and because it only takes 3 of your levels enchanting max level isnt that hard anymore,
  12. Chevrine

Chevrine Active Member

No, I'm pretty sure it's by specific item type now. Wooden/Stone/Iron/Gold/Diamond of any particular tool all have different enchantment probabilities at the same levels, and for the purposes of enchanting are more than likely separate items, rendering such a loophole useless.
  13. ElleLightbulb

ElleLightbulb Moderator Staff Member

no, no way, no how, what a cheat, wait for 1.8 it's not at all vanilla... yet lol (cruel humour, just kidding around though :p still no :| changes too much gameplay, mystery and risk of an enchantment is apart of the game :])
  14. Halogeno

Halogeno Active Member

Yeah, well, I tried at single player at the office, it Works well and avoids the awesome uselessness ( :p ) of having an awesome Eff IV Unbrk III with Silk Touch I or an awesome diamond sword wasted with Bane of Arthropods V.

On a second thought yesterday, it would be a useless addition, because it needs to be installed in the multiplayer server, which is not gonna take place, for it is a vanilla dedicated.
    So, yeah, it is pretty much something not to be desired in the game.

At least none of you guys came out with an insult on my thread, I ought to thank you all for that.
    For such, comes to me this thread might be closed

Kind regards
    ElleLightbulb likes this.
  15. ElleLightbulb

ElleLightbulb Moderator Staff Member

I don't like it when people insult others, i even felt my post was too rude, think i had to edit in the faces to show i was kidding haha when 1.8 comes out you will be able to pay lapis to see 1 enchantment so the sword problems will finally go away :D i'm excited for it, ok thread closed :]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.