{Episode 1} Fort Boyard

Discussion in 'Game Shows' started by jamerjamez, Apr 4, 2014.

1. jamerjamez

jamerjamez Games Master

Fort Opens June 22nd @ 2.30pm EST
    fortboyard2011logo2.png
    2014-04-04_22.26.43.png
    Located a short distance off the coast of France, the great Fort Boyard rests on the Boyard Bank, an imposing fortification of cold, hard stone looming menacingly amidst the waves of the Atlantic. It is here that Vanilla World's newest gameshow adaptation, Fort Boyard, takes place.
    2014-04-04_22.27.22.png
    The premise of the game is simple: A team of contestants will arrive at the fort with the intention of stealing Boyard's gold, but will Boyard, Master of the Fort, let this happen? No. Selfish, commanding, and malevolent, Boyard takes great pleasure in ensuring that fear and failure plague the contestants. The only way to win his gold is by completing challenges set by Boyard himself.
    2014-04-04_22.29.50.png
    To win? The team must first collect four keys, which will grant them access to the gold room. They must then collect clues that will help them to figure out a secret code word, which they must use in order to gain access to the gold itself. Once the gold is released, they have a short time to collect as much gold as they can before the entrance to the gold room is sealed. The gold is then converted into diamonds for contestants to split amongst themselves.
    2014-04-04_22.29.38.png
    Do you think you're up to the challenge? Can you outsmart Boyard and win the prize? If so, it's time to assemble a team and get ready to compete in Vanilla World's new gameshow: Fort Boyard.
    Knightfish and Solidus like this.
  2. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

I will defeat you, Chef Boyardee.
    Dice671, Rexy and PrincessLala95 like this.
  3. KiddEagle

KiddEagle Supporter

I was gonna make that joke... :(

I may possibly be very very interested.
  4. polsaniusVI

polsaniusVI Well-Known Member

I would be interested depending on what time this takes place. So far I have barely been able to compete in any games due to the times they are scheduled.
  5. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

Alright, I guess I'll start.

I'm seeking team members for a 5-person group, as Jamez told me that APPARENTLY I can't be a team by myself. I would prefer that everyone in the team has the capacity to use Teamspeak, even if only to use it for text chatting, though voice chat is MUCH more preferable for quicker communication. VIP and Supporter status are not prerequisites, though familiar names and players that know me (as rapport makes teamwork much easier) will be given precedence.

Team name: FOXHOUND (This is non-negotiable.)
    Confirmed members: Solidus_BvS, GRickards, Railtracks, Xeriana, Brodudee.

Team confirmed.
    PrincessLala95 likes this.
  6. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

Railtracks and GRickards are now members of FOXHOUND. Two spots remain.
  7. Xeriana

Xeriana Moderator Staff Member

Xeri would like to join FOXHOUND. :3
  8. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

Without hesitation, you are accepted. I was hoping you'd apply. :)
  9. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

And Brodudee makes five. Welcome to the unit, everyone. Let's loot some gold.
  10. jamerjamez

jamerjamez Games Master

haha! Ok You guys will take on Boyard and the Fort in One weeks time. Pick a date.
    Friday at 7-8pm,EST
    Saturday at 2 -4 EST, OR 7-8 EST,
    Sunday 2-4 EST, OR 7-8 EST.
    The time you select will be your start time and your time at the fort will be just under an hour.
  11. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

Okay, time to coordinate.

I likely won't be able to do it on Friday, due to work. However, I'll be available to play on any of the other four times. What's everyone else's availability?

GRickards has told me that he's available at any time on Saturday, but that Sunday isn't an option for him due to work.
    PrincessLala95 likes this.
  12. polsaniusVI

wow..didn't even get a response and now it's too late, awesome...
  13. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

There may be an opening if we have schedule conflicts. I'll keep you posted, Pol.
  14. polsaniusVI

alright, well it doesn't really matter at this point. I'm sure there will be another eventually
  15. Rindar

Rindar Supporter

Hahahaha!!! Wow!!! This is so awesome! :p
    I'm not realy in to gameshows normaly, but the IRL version of this was so much fun.
    Amazing work implementing it on minecraft, Jamez and Lala.
  16. idontknow0000

idontknow0000 Well-Known Member

I wish I could join but they will be more.
  17. Turtles_epicness

Turtles_epicness HG Tribute

Can I watch? xD
  18. PrincessLala95

PrincessLala95 Games Master

>_>
    <_<
    >_>
    You say that like you think James built it... xD
    It was a team effort...I did the exterior and the decorating, and he built all the challenges, including the gold room, which you can see in the screenshots...
    Konachaan and Solidus like this.
  19. jamerjamez

jamerjamez Games Master

Yea Lala gets credit here too! I know I couldn't have done it without her.
    PrincessLala95 and Solidus like this.
  20. jamerjamez

jamerjamez Games Master

Plus Rindar, that's y we like making a variety of them to suit peoples interests :)
    Rindar and PrincessLala95 like this.