Halloween 2017 soon!

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Ontvlambaar, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

[​IMG] Dear Vanillians,
    Halloween is coming up soon. Okay, I know that it's more of an American thing, but it's celebrated in other countries too! And because it's being celebrated, we want to bring Halloween to you, on Vanilla World.
    As of this, a team of builders is working hard behind the screens to deliver you something special.

We are planning to have certain activities, in which everyone will be allowed to parcipate. These events will no more be limited to Community Area members.

Pumpkin designing
    One of the events that will definitely take place. And that's why I'm posting this already. I need to know how many templates I need to build, so please sign up by replying below. We will have three judges, of which I'm one. Judges assign points based on creativity, concept and build quality. The total of points will be your score for the pumpkin designing event. Contest rewards are being negotiated - the post will be updated once we have that information.

Participant list:

More information soon!
  2. Lord_Imperialis

Lord_Imperialis New Member

I'm guessing that you already decided the judges then, Ont?
  3. Ontvlambaar

The judges were set in stone even before I decided to make the Halloween area public :p
    My initial plan for the area was to make it a CA only event, but I no longer want to exclude others from the fun stuff. We're adding some awesome stuff that you dont see every day in Minecraft too.

But yea, as this was originally a CA-only idea, I was going to let the other advisors judge. Gave them a chance to play instead of judging, but Sammie has already told me she wanted to judge instead of playing.
    If there is a lot of animo for this event, I would bring in more judges to make everything more fair. But yea, we have no-one who has signed up yet. And judges may never play the game.
    XeniaXD likes this.
  4. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

Be sure to go vote on the noteblock song thread so i can start figuring out if it's possible lol.
  5. Wuzzleflump

Wuzzleflump Active Member

Will the events take place on actual Halloween or a few days before?
  6. Ontvlambaar

For the pumpkins, people get the time until halloween is over. The judging will take place afterwards. The area is almost ready to be opened I think.
  7. Xeriana

Xeriana Moderator Staff Member

Xeri already submitted a definitely-not-a-bribe pumpkin a few weeks ago, remember. :3
    Ontvlambaar and Sammie_gaga like this.