[IMPORTANT CHANGE] 1.13 and 1.14 bring us..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ontvlambaar, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

.. Dolphins, kelp, bubble jets, tritons and more!

1.14 will be an aquatic update that will contain a lot of new features for the water behavior and changes the way oceans work in Minecraft.

Shipwrecks will be added to the worldgen. They contain valuable treasure. A new mob - dolphins - will help you find those shipwrecks. The dolphin itself looks like a bottlenose dolphin, however its snout is different. It jumps out of the water and appears to be very playful.

Ocean biomes will make the world look more beautiful! Cold lakes will get little icebergs and theres different aquatic biomes in 1.14!

Coral reefs will now appear on the bottom of the ocean. Theres at least 5 different block colors for coral along with slabs. A coral decoration (plant) can be placed on coral blocks. Coral reefs are attractive to fish, which will also become an actual mob! Every fish (pufferfish, salmon, "fish"(cod) and the clownfish) will have their own texture. They will swim around in water sources and can be picked up using a bucket. That way you can easily transport them home for your aquarium or whatever.
    A new tropical fish has been announced too - more on that later.

Kelp is a new animated(!) aquatic plant. It will spawn underwater in different sizes (a bit like sugarcane does on the surface)

bubble columns will appear randomly underwater. From now on items will float. Bubble columns suck items down. Theyre the result of a magma block under a water source. Be careful when using boats above bubble columns too!

The triton will be a new weapon. It is throwable as well as used to stab your enemies. New enchantments will be added too, of which one will make the triton act like a boomerang.

New water physics are inbound too. Water will now flow through the open spots in fences, and slabs will no longer mess up by creating a half block of air above it, even when its underwater.

The results of the community vote event are in. Most people voted for Mob B - the manta ray looking creature called "the monster of the night skies". It will chase down players who havent slept in a bed for a while.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. Ontvlambaar

3. Ontvlambaar

News! Mojang has announced that 1.13 and 1.14 will be merged into one update. This means that we will be getting aquatic animals in 1.13 snapshots already - which will probably be VERY soon! On another note.. Mojang understands their intended water mechanics change will break a whole lot of contraptions. They're still changing the way water flows through certain blocks, but are trying to keep our water contraptions alive (yay!)
    The reason behind this sudden change is (allegedly) that update aquatic (1.14) features are finished for the most part, whereas the planned 1.13 changes still need some work.

According to this post, Mojang employee Maria Lemón has been making a list with the upvoted minecraft suggestions from the last 6 months. Some of these things may be added after update 1.14 (or is it 1.13?) Oh, and also worth mentioning.. Mojang planned to add PENGUINS for the frostburn update (1.10). They didn't add them because penguins would require different behavior for when theyre on land or underwater, but - they may still be added to Minecraft later!!

I made a selection of some of the interesting upvoted suggestions that I would like to see:
    Repomeister, XeniaXD and rejas like this.
  4. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

Wow seems like it will be a whole new game!
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  5. Ontvlambaar

New turtle cape incoming. I will turn it into an elytra for Additional Elytras!
    Michael Clark likes this.
  6. Ontvlambaar

Jeb_ stated that Mojang has plans to add more slabs and stairs variants for some of the block types. Which blocks would you like to see?
    Asmeroas likes this.
  7. Asmeroas

Asmeroas Member

Andesite, diorite, and granite!

Don't get me wrong, dirt and grass slabs would be nice for more high detail nature builds, and wool stairs would be nice for making carpeted staircases, but when they added those three new stone blocks it was kind of exciting. More variety of stone, diversify caves a bit, and I use the polished andesite for paths a lot of the time... but then that was it. No mossy versions (and why not have mossy stones as naturally forming in cave entrances or by rivers?), no slabs or stairs for the polished versions, nothing.

Although if we're on the topic of things they still haven't added, where are our sandstone fences?
    Michael Clark and Ontvlambaar like this.
  8. Ontvlambaar

Good question. People asked for stonebrick fences too. In 1.13, block limits will be removed, so they can add any block they want without having to think about running out of block ID's
  9. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

I'd like emerald Armours and Weapons maybe
  10. rejas

rejas Active Member

something i've wanted for years have been half blocks, this would be for more simply just for the looks build for example, have you ever wanted to build a house and 2 rooms next to eachother you wanted different walls for but it would take up way too much space? this would help with that, also any slab can connect to any slab is also something i want.
    Asmeroas likes this.
  11. Ontvlambaar

Next snapshot includes the first 'update aquatic' stuff!
    Most noteworthy changes:

• Underwater stone brick structures, whatever they may be.. Screenshot
    • Turtles Screenshot
      • Turdle eggs, can be picked up with silk touch and has a chance to hatch during nighttime Screenshot
      • Turtle shells pieces can be collected, crafted into a shell. The shell can be worn as hat and used for brewing Screenshot
      • If I see anyone killing turtles for shells, I'm supposed to ban them, right?
    • Mandatory combat changes:
      • The knockback of a bow doesnt work when the string is not pulled all the way out
      • Shields 'disable' after taking a couple of hits
    • Bubble columns Screenshot
      • Underwater magma blocks will produce bubbles
      • Items and other entities fall down into bubbles
        • Items float on the surface otherwise
      • Shakes and sinks boats
      • Underwater ravines/deep sea vents
      • Said to allow breathing underwater
    • Trident Screenshot
      • Throwable and melee weapon
      • Works under water and when raining
      • Enchantments:
        • "Loyalty" makes tridents come back to the thrower
        • "Riptide" pushes the player forward when thrown while swimming
        • "Impaler"
        • "Slipstream Dash"
    • Fishes Screenshot
      • Tropical fish
      • All fish items will exist as mobs
      • Can be caught with buckets, yields a bucket with water and non-despawning fish inside
    • Shipwrecks
      • Contain loot
    • Dolphins Video
      • Can be used to find treasures in the oceans
      • Can jump out of the water, even to other bodies of water that are not connected
      • Not rideable, that'll be animal abuse!
      • Neutral mob, same behavior as pigmen. Attacks in groups after the player hits one
    • "The Phantom" AKA "The Monster of the Night Skies": Mob B from the Community poll Screenshot
      • Attacks in groups,
      • Goes after players who havent slept in days
      • Dives, bites and flies back up
  12. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

Turtles sound cool I'd be Michelangelo fyi. :)
    [​IMG]
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  13. Ontvlambaar

Snapshot is out.. not everything I mentioned is added, but we have turtles, kelp, bubble columns and the trident! Have fun!
  14. Ontvlambaar

15. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

I like that hidden creeper just chillin' at the bottom of the sea. I can't wait for this update!
  16. Ontvlambaar

Some things that you may have missed in the snapshots and upcoming features:
    1. Certain biomes house the remains of the drowned homes. They will protect those structures at all cost
    2. Big 2x2 spruce trees will now turn dirt and grass around them into podzol. This makes podzol a farmable resource at last
    3. 1.14 is confirmed to include lots of stairs and slabs. This means we might finally be getting slab and stair counterparts for every block (probably a result of the elimination of the block ID cap from 1.13)
    Michael Clark and Toaster like this.
  17. One_EyeSabre

One_EyeSabre Active Member

WATER ELEVATORS!!! Who's NOT excited about being zipped up to the top of a really tall structure in seconds!