Important info regarding name changes

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Thyestefles, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

Due to an issue with lockette atm, you will need to access your locked chests before changing your name. This should ensure that they update to work with your name change.

This may or may not be resolved in the plugin itself, it really wont be an issue once people have started accessing/making new chests. This only applies to chests that were locked before I updated Lockette, today.
    Iris3000 likes this.
  2. DomoTheMiner

DomoTheMiner New Member

I kinda suspected this AFTER my name change ;-;
    Dang it
  3. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

This does not apply if we are not changing names, correct?
  4. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

This does indeed not apply to the people who decide to leave their names as is.
    If you want to change your name I would recommend waiting till everything's more stable and all plugins are compitable with namechanges.
  5. Thyestefles

It is most likely that lockette will not update to auto-update locked items. The reason being that it would run a large amount of code that has to connect to Mojang which would cause a good bit of lag. The plugin works exactly as it is intended, however, it compares your UUID to the one on the sign, to allow access. If you have not interacted with the locked item, it does not update with your actual UUID so when you change your name, it wont match and will cause problems.

It is still a good idea to interact with any locked items as soon as you can so that they will convert when/if you decide to change your name.
  6. Thyestefles

If you never intend to change your name, like myself, it wont be a problem at all.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  7. Iris3000

Iris3000 New Member

Thanks for the information!!!
  8. isabela galeano

isabela galeano New Member

What if like me we did not realize this and already changed our names?:(
  9. Thyestefles

Then a mod will have to come and break all the signs off and you will have to put them back.
  10. Thyestefles

Well actually, he just put in an update for Lockette that will attempt to correct the issue itself. I can put that in later and do a restart, unless you dont want to wait, might be a few hours before I do that as I'm messing around with a bunch of other stuff atm and spending some time with my kids.
  11. Thyestefles

This issue should be resolved as Lockette updated with some code that should take care of it.