Michael Myers Gameshow - Beta Begins Friday. SIGN UP NOW!

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by polsaniusVI, Jan 11, 2017.

1. polsaniusVI

polsaniusVI Active Member

Hello everyone!

I have some fantastic news in regards to fun events coming to Vanilla World! We have more in the making but as it stands right now, we have one game-show ready to be beta tested!

Do you like murdering your friends? Does making other players feel uncomfortable due to being in the same room sound like fun? Do you enjoy suspense of not knowing if the guy standing next to you is a serial killer or the next victim? I'll say it again, do you like murdering your friends??? Well we have the game for you! Michael Myers is a game some of you may be familiar with but the premise is to have a group of people, one being the serial killer (unknown to everyone but the killer), and a fun mansion to run around in to try and survive till daybreak! In festive spirit, we are having this murderous beta testing occur on Friday the 13th, only 2 days away!! If you are interested in participating in some trials to work out the kinks in this game before we do the final release, please post a formal notice saying you'll be there to attend.
    This will be loads of fun for the whole family (unless your family was all killed by Michael Myers), and we hope to see as many of you there on Friday. The rules will all be explained when you arrive for everyone participating. Details on when and where are posted below!

When: Friday the 13th, 6pm Central Time & 8pm Central Time (for those who can't get on till later)
    Where:
    Vanilla world, duh.
    Why: Bringing the community together through fun-filled slaughtering.
    Who: Wouldn't you like to know! I'm not telling!

Remember, the deadline is coming up very soon so be sure to sign up as soon as you can. If you are for sure attending write, "Will be attending." If you are unsure but would like to attend write, "Tentative." This will allow us to keep this thread clean while doing a simple head count of who all will be there. Stay tuned for more fun to come in the very near future!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
    TriariusVI and Ontvlambaar like this.
  2. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

I cannot participate myself, but am wishing you all a lot of fun!
  3. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

"Tentative."
    polsaniusVI and Solidus like this.
  4. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Member

"Tentative."
    Because I don't know what time that will be in England, and I won't want to go to bed too later :p
    polsaniusVI and Solidus like this.
  5. Ontvlambaar

That'll be 11 PM, depending on where you are.
  6. Solidus

Solidus Rawr. Staff Member

Sorry, this project has to be put on hold for the moment. Thy needs to make a slight server adjustment before we can continue. I'll re-open this topic once it's done.

Edit: Found a workaround. The game is back on!
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. _Kyra_

_Kyra_ Member

Tentative
    polsaniusVI, Ontvlambaar and Solidus like this.
  8. One_EyeSabre

One_EyeSabre Active Member

Tentative . . . somebody better pray I get called out to an accident. Cause it's gonna be on! :troll:
    polsaniusVI, Solidus and Ontvlambaar like this.
  9. RavingDorito

RavingDorito Member

Will be attending~
    Ontvlambaar, polsaniusVI and Solidus like this.
  10. Will be attending
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  11. Solidus

Things are, for the most part, ready to go. Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight! I think it's going to be quite fun. :D
  12. Ontvlambaar

Percyjames will be attending.
    He didnt have a forums account, so I figured that can just can sign him up :p
    Solidus likes this.
  13. XeniaXD

XeniaXD Member

Will be attending
    Solidus likes this.
  14. GRickards

GRickards Member

Eh, guess I'll give it a shot...
    Solidus likes this.
  15. Arrowmarksman

Arrowmarksman Member

Tentative as well
  16. JackMacWindows

JackMacWindows New Member

Tentative, if I'm not too late.
  17. RavingDorito

RavingDorito Member

I lied, got stuck switching shifts at work -.- was really excited to play too :( Hope everyone had a great time!!! <3
    XeniaXD likes this.
  18. Solidus

It was great! Amazing turnout; had 12 players in the last game. Pol and I are working out all the bugs and making some of the changes that were recommended by the beta testers, and we'll post up another topic when the full game is ready. Thanks again to everyone who gave it a try!
  19. polsaniusVI

polsaniusVI Active Member

The event was a great success and we're pleased to say that it looks like this could become a weekly occurrence! Thank you to all who participated and helped us figure out what needed to be tweaked in order for an even better experience next time. We'll be sure to let everyone know when we'll have the next one. Stayed tuned!!
  20. XeniaXD

XeniaXD Member

When you say this may be a weekly occurrence, do you mean the same game?
    Are you going to come up with more games?