Mob Farm Spawn Hight

Discussion in 'Survival' started by _JuanitoZ_, Oct 6, 2017.

1. _JuanitoZ_

_JuanitoZ_ New Member

I have a small problem, i've build a mobfarm on your server but it seems that mobs don't spawn at a certain hight. Can there be done something about it? Maybe increase the height or lower my farm?

And is there anywhere where things like this are listed, so i know these things before i put 6 hours in making a farm?

Ingame username: _JuanitoZ_
  2. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

3. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Active Member

Sadly it's just the way, we all learnt the hard way, and I have seen some people's sky spawners work very well.
    Thought I did tell you last night, it's very unlikely that Thy would lower your farm as that would be kinda cheating.
    You just gotta suck up the hard work and lower it slightly.. :p
  4. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

Well I dont know, with the influx of special fireworks, artworks, weapons, armors, buildings all made outisde of vanilla world.. why not assume that it wouldnt be lowered? I say.. go ahead and ask.. if they say no.. ask why then are others allowed to import Non vanilla made thing but you cant have your farm lowered? Fight the good fight!
  5. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Theres a difference here. The stuff that's made outside Vanilla World is for the server as a whole. Dunno why youre mentioning all those things, but let me be clear that only special public areas are made outside VW. Assumptions aren't going to help anyone..

And for the things made outside the server.. Servers work like companies. If you dont renew, you wont be able to keep up with the competition.
    Sometimes you need to wipe off the dust to keep things attractive to new ones.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Asmeroas and Sammie_gaga like this.
  6. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

It shouldn't be an issue about the height really, mobs should spawn at any height up to the ceiling. Mob farms that don't have a spawner, usually, don't have too good of spawn rates. What you essentially end up doing is just decreasing the chance for mobs to spawn in the area you are, however, the spawns are spread evenly across all loaded chunks, including those of other players since you are on the same map. So, in essence, you typically are just giving your spawnable blocks to the other players.

That's probably the simplest way I can explain it. There's also the factor of regional difficulty that may improve the performance, spending more time in the chunk will slowly increase the regional difficulty but, it takes a while. That may be why some people have spawners like that, that actually function pretty decent. It all will still come down to how many players are on and how much spawnable area they have loaded on the map. If they are in the nether or end, for example, they won't be affecting the spawns in the overworld.
  7. Thyestefles

That's the same reason why you can have an enderman farm way out in the end but, if someone goes to the end on the main island, your spawn rates will decrease, usually to near nothing.
  8. Thyestefles

I started learning about things like that the hard way also, back before I was even a moderator. I built a mob farm that took up quite a bit of my resources, in the sky, only to find it would maybe spawn 1 or 2 mobs an hour.