New PvP Section!

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Solidus, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Coemt

Coemt New Member

Thanks!!! Was my first time ever...I've learned so much about minecraft since finding VW..I love the community here...Hope to see more players starting the fresh pvp survival server! Oh as for now the egg is safely in my ender chest:) will be going on display soon for all of you pirates to scour the lands in search of...it will be accompanied by quite a bit of loot. I might just have to put a beacon up within 1000 blocks of the egg to encourage you all to not focus too much on building amd more preparing your backpacks for the final showdown...as for any recommendations I would suggest you go ahead and take it down to 15000 each way before many start playing...you can always add but taking away is more work! ..also I suggest making a safe end spawn area where blocks can't be tampered with...this will open the end up as an arena and prevent players from tampering with the drop spot...that's all from me for now, back to work!

Edit: I've thought more about it...and 30k seems good actually...especially if we open up a safe spot to land in the end :)
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Solidus

Solidus Rawr. Staff Member

Good idea; I've protected the End drop zone now, but ONLY the End drop zone. :p Venture out of that little spot and you're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

I think we'll keep it at 30K for now, especially since the more players that join, the more crowded it'll eventually be. You may be distant from everyone right now, but someone could start fresh today and land only a hundred blocks or so from you in the future. ;)
  3. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

I have thought about this for a bit. I think it would be really cool in pvp to have different governments in different areas. It would be cool to have trade and treaties along with war and conflict. I will be starting my own government called VanillaWorld Republic.
  4. Solidus

I like it. Just make sure you have the muscle to protect yourself! Remember that you're trying to make an organized, structured system in a world that's a free-for-all where everyone distrusts each other. XD
    winkyboy98 likes this.
  5. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

Indeed that is true. But if an established community could be formed we could become strong. It would be fun to have a little community with law and order and structure. This idea is probobly an idea forthe non pvp side of vw. Only problem with that is that pvp is off so war is eliminated and greifing is not allowed.
  6. Solidus

In essence, I think what you're trying to build is a faction. A group of people that are open to establishing trade and commerce with others, but wish to work together with one another to ensure their survival, while not afraid to fend off aggressors as a group.

Kind of reminds me of Rick's group in The Walking Dead. Trying to set up an organized community amidst the chaos and violence of a savage world filled with murderers and thieves. :)
  7. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

Soli you could be a war general in VanillaWorld Republic.
  8. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

Also VanillWorld Republic is going to be looking for political leaders. If anyone is interested please notify me asap.
  9. Solidus

I could--but I've been setting up my own group long before the server even went up. We'll be in touch. ;)
  10. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

Alright cya online after im done with school. Im also moving all VanillaWorld Republic conversations to its own thread.
  11. Wuzzleflump

Wuzzleflump Active Member

Keep your builds simple and minimalist. If you want to make an elaborate build save it for survival or hide it and/or booby trap it really well.
  12. Wuzzleflump

Also I just want to say that last night I finally ran into someone in the End and was kicking their butt, I had them in a corner, but they ported home at the last second and thus ruined the fun. Don't be scaredy cats people, stay and fight!

Edit: Okay I am a hypocrite because ported home after I caught on fire as soon as I entered the End. I guess its just an automatic reaction from having to do it on survival. I take back what I said about scaredy cats. :funny:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  13. Coemt

Coemt New Member

Rip :)
  14. Cool_Coder

Cool_Coder Active Member

Maybe make a 5 second delay on /home where you need to stay in the same spot for 5sec to go home or it won't take you. Only on PVP, of course.
  15. Coemt

Coemt New Member

Only thing I don't like with this idea is when building above the void.../home is really useful:(
  16. Chadesh

Chadesh Active Member

personally I think the pvp servers difficulty should be set to hard or very hard. With the small amount of people that play any given time, you will be hard pressed to find anyone. Most people are building underground to hide and to collect resources.
  17. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

There is no very hard setting. The hardcore mode is harder but, that results in a ban from the server upon death, which is quite inconvenient. Harder difficulty only makes the mobs hit harder and starvation more effective. There are still some wikis out there that claim difficulty affects mob spawn rates but, that is not actually true. The spawn algorithm doesn't actually include anything for difficulty. The spawn rates are even actually the same for peaceful, the mobs are just removed immediately. Just thought I'd clear that bit up in case that misinformation is still going around. The idea of the PvP server is for people to fight eachother, making the mobs even harder hitting and harder to kill could be a good implementation but, it might interfere with the PvP as well.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  18. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

I'm glad that we now have this part of VW. It brings the excitement back to the game. In a way its almost closer to true vanilla with no lockettes, and pvp being allowed. I hope we can all have fun and bring more people into VW. The more people, the more it fun it would be. Also, if someone could help me raid the fox that would be great. Hehe :)
  19. Wuzzleflump

Will PVP get its on forums section like Survival and Skyblocks has?
  20. Wuzzleflump

I got bored and traveled to X:0 Z:0 and decided to look around. I finally found someone else's build guys! Huzzah!
    Ontvlambaar and Toaster like this.