New Server - Minigames

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Thyestefles, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

You'll notice there is a new portal in the hub for a Minigames server. There are currently two arenas, both the same, available for a Capture the Flag game. The concept is pretty simple. You can left click on the game room signs to get information such as how many players are in the game, right clicking will join that game. Once in the CTF game, you will ride a minecart, available in the nearby chests, down to your base. Your teams capture point is in the center of your base tower and you capture flags by finding the opposing teams flag sign and right clicking on it, bring that back to your capture point and right click on your capture sign without getting killed to score a point. Players get 5 lives and the first team to get 10 points, wins.

It is all currently a work in progress, however, it seems to be functioning properly. A proper hub, more informative signs, more CTF maps, and more games, are all in the works to be added in the future. If you notice anything that appears to be a bug or issue, please post here and let me know so that I can get it taken care of. I am currently making the maps and getting them setup, expect different layouts and more challenges to be added.
    LogicaLotus, Kirays and ohLucky like this.
  2. Thyestefles

I also intend to add benefits for VIPs and supporters at some point. I just have to figure out what I want those to be without ruining the games for other players as well as being suited for multiple games.
    ohLucky and Ontvlambaar like this.
  3. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

Played it a bit this morning with Chickinhawk. Much enjoyment was had. One suggestion, after the areas are reset upon completion of a game, it's not clearing the minecarts that are just abandoned in the water after entry. Also, multiple minecarts tend to stack up down there, and don't allow later players to make it all the way to the platform. You may want to consider a cactus at the end instead of water to remove the carts.
  4. Thyestefles

Yea, I guess I'll have to do that. Didn't want to originally because it could damage players but, I think I can set it up so it won't be so bad. Didn't figure it would just leave them there like that.
  5. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

From what I remember WorldEdit has a filter that can avoid players from taking damage in a certain area. I have not used WorldEdit in a while, so I may be wrong.
  6. Thyestefles

Yea, it wouldn't hurt much anyway, unless someone just stood there...
  7. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

That half heart is worth it ;')
  8. Thyestefles

If you happen to connect to the server and it drops you in an odd place, just log out and log back in. Since it currently isn't very popular, it goes 8+ hours without a connection and the Sql connection times out. When a player logs in, much of the code doesn't run because the connection is closed. It does reconnect but, by that point it is too late. I will alter the code to prevent that when I get the chance. For now, just relog if that issue comes up.
  9. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

Suggestion: There are potion ingredients and brewing stands in each base, which is awesome, but there are no bottles anywhere I've seen, and no glass or sand on the map itself, making the ingredients and stands essentially worthless. Is there something I'm missing? If not, the addition of a way to brew potions would be awesome.
    Cool_Coder likes this.