Ont's workshop

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ontvlambaar, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Welcome to Ont's workshop. This thread can be considered to be a portal for everything I make. Why? Because I'm sloppy and keep losing my stuff :p

Additional Elytras and invisible armor (requires optifine)
    Additional Elytra's probably is my most popular pack with over 4000 downloads on Planet Minecraft. What does it do? Well, using Optifine's Custom Item Textures, I made textures for renamed items. While using this pack, rename your elytra into one of the custom elytra names, and the texture of your elytra changes with it. Invisible armor can be acquired by renaming any piece of armor into "Invisible"
    This works on the server, you will be able to see the elytra textures on others too. Many people on the server use the pack already, join the movement!
    [​IMG]

Check it out here:
    Guide (This contains all the elytra names too!)
    Download
    Many thanks to Kn1gh7h4wk and Logicalotus for delivering me additional elytra textures. Kn1gh7h4wk's elytra's will be included in the next update!

Additional Entities (requires optifine)
    Do you like exploring, building or just having a lot of variation in your Minecraft world? Then Additional Entities is what you might be looking for! The pack adds over 100 different textures for mobs. The textures are, similar to Additional Elytras, name-based, which means that the texture will automatically applied once you rename a mob using a nametag!
    So if you're looking to get some zebras or meerkats for your savannah home, some ring-tailed lemurs to annoy you around your jungle lodge or some flying keys for your Hogwarts home, you should download this! Especially when you're a Community Area member!
    [​IMG]
    Check it out here:
    Guide (contains image previews of the mob and the names!)
    Download
    Many thanks to Clarkstar1 and Sammie_gaga for keeping me going with the project and testing textures for me!

Poppy's to roses
    The intention behind this was actually a joke. People on the server were complaining about how they missed the old Minecraft roses. I told them that I would be able to make a resource pack to revert the changes, and I did keep my word.

[​IMG]

Download

Under construction: Community Area pack
    Officially intended to include custom mob textures, but because I got a little too enthousiast with adding new textures, they're now part of Additional Entities.

The Community Area/Vanilla World pack will include several new food items, custom paintings, clothing/armor and tools!

Vanilla World ideas
    Fun world:
    The Fun world is an idea that I had stuck in my head since a while. This area is all about having fun when not playing survival. Cooperate, coordinate, eliminate. In this world you can participate in gameshows and minigames. You can visit the zoo and learn about animals. You can celebrate if you think it's time for a celebration.. and you can ride one of the attractions of the Vanilla World amusement park.
    This is only a summary. Read more: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YnvX0SagXHzcMZVQpC3UCyQdVsklbX4KCtGSxAglRpg/edit?usp=sharing

Vanilla World RPG world
    My latest idea on what to add to Vanilla World. The VW RPG World will be a big world for players to explore. We are Vanilla World and we're going to show the world what we can achieve with as little plugins as possible. Discover civilizations, do quests and earn emeralds. Emeralds can be used to buy a home plot or a plot for your guild!
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

Let me see if I get this right, you are changing vanilla world to a modded world were there are things you think are cool are to be added?
    I quote "bring new items to the game that we need/want for Community Decoration and gameplay".

So.. no more Vanilla World.
  3. Ontvlambaar

It's a decision for the player to make. If a player chooses to rename their diamond armor into e.g. Ironman armor, they and everyone who uses the pack will see the Ironman armor. People who do not use the pack will just see diamond armor.

Vanilla World, with all the Vanilla items - and some new ones for those who want to use them.

It may sound stupid, but for a project we need staff passes. A renamed item will act as staff pass, and only if the right item is put in the dispenser, access will be granted to certain areas. A texture will be made for the staff pass, so when the user puts it in the chest, they will never mistake the staff pass for another item again. ;)

I just received Fercho's permission to use his textures. The Ironman armor has already been added. It originally replaced iron armor - I changed it to an add-on item. The only thing you do is rename the proper item to the name I specified for it, and it will change.
    [​IMG]
    Asmeroas and Sammie_gaga like this.
  4. Footrott_Flats

so this isnt a mod. your talking texture packs.. which only are visible via using the pack. if your looking for some good animal textures, check out BabyAnimals and Animania. They have some seriously great skins for animals.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  5. Footrott_Flats

oh and NICE job on the guide for the elytra. Xeri told me about it. Trying it out.
  6. Ontvlambaar

Thanks :) It is indeed a texture pack that works like Additional Elytras, however that adds in clothing, food etc.

I have already added:
    -husk armor
    -Iron man armor
    -Vulture armor
    -Spiderman armor
    -A hotdog
    -Mjolnir as weapon
  7. Footrott_Flats

downloaded file elytra-rp-1496303352.zip put it in resource folder. Always had Optifine.. updated to new verison to be sure.

Doesnt work.
    but.. my elytra all have enchantments on them. Does this effect them? I renamed mine Avatar Elytra

2017-06-17_06.54.56.png 2017-06-17_06.54.56.png 2017-06-17_06.59.47.png 2017-06-17_07.00.20.png
  8. Ontvlambaar

Can you see whether custom items are enabled? If not, they need to be enabled.
  9. Footrott_Flats

duh!.. its on now. I turned it off long ago.
    Everything works great. Thanks
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  10. Ontvlambaar

Late reply. But thank you too. I updated the guide with the new elytra names and added that Custom items have to be turned on.
  11. Ontvlambaar

The community area pack that I had in mind is currently on hold as I have a new idea for the server. If that idea becomes reality, I will adjust everything I have so far to work with that world too.
  12. Ontvlambaar

/!\ OPTIFINE MANDATORY /!\
    Preview of the new pack i'm working on:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MMi0XnG-7XDpg7hZVtQ6tavEPF3P-ysK

Finally adds the long-awaited custom mobs.
    Currently, you can rename mobs into the respective names (using a nametag) to get the desired texture.

Iron golems:
    1. pharaoh golem
    2. skeletal golem
    3. bodyguard
    4. steampunk golem
    5. villager golem
    6. wither golem
    7. zombie mutant
    8. diamond golem
    Chickens:
    1. Robot chicken
    2. Duck
    3. spy chicken
    Villagers (all types):
    1. egyptian villager
    Dogs (only tamed ones!):
    1. light brown wolf
    2. pug
    3. red fox
    4. german shepherd
    5. grim <- this is DanTDM's skeletal dog
    6. beagle
    7. collie
    8. husky
    9. riley <- Call of Duty german shepherd as easter egg :)
    10. doge
    11. brown wolf
    12. doberman
    13. aussie cattle dog
    Cats (siamese):
    1. silver tabby
    Bonus:
    Stray armor:

Rename diamond armor. Helmet into "stray hat", chest into "stray chest" and boots into "stray feet". Have fun!
    Sandwich: Rename bread into "sandwich"
    Granny smith (green apple): Rename an apple into "Granny Smith"
    Oreos: rename a cookie into "oreo cookie"
    [​IMG]

100% compatible with my Additional Elytra's pack and SixFootBlue's Transmobifier, which adds frogs etc too! :)
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  13. Ontvlambaar

Michael Clark likes this.
  14. Ontvlambaar

A new update is available @ https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bX08uyzwXfw0yyIBkr8ym4WRHL6mdfY-
    This update includes more villagers, horses (at last) and the arctic fox. The guide has been updated.
    I'm sorry to those whose flying key's have been broken. I changed the names to match the material. New names are now: Golden flying key, Silver flying key and rusty flying key.

I've tried making custom horse armor and saddles, but with the current Optifine version, that's not possible.
    What I did manage to do is turn the zombie horse skin into a name-based skin. You're now able to get zombie horses by renaming a mule, yay!
    [​IMG]a zebra
    JaredBGreat and Michael Clark like this.
  15. Ontvlambaar

First post updated with Additional Entities and information about the upcoming CA/VW pack!
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  16. Ontvlambaar

African Tribes collection being built. Sure to include:

-African Clawless otter (Cat skin)
    -African grey parrot (Parrot skin)
    -African wild dog/hyena (dog skin)
    -Tribal/zulu villagers (villager skin)

Possibly also includes:
    -Okapi (rideable, horse reskin)
    -Lioness (Cat skin)
    -Lion (Dog skin)
    -Ostrich (Horse skin)
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  17. Ontvlambaar

I need some feedback on the 'The African Tribes' textures I've made:

[​IMG]The zulu villager. Zulu's originate from South-Africa. They often wear clothes with a leopard skin texture on it. I still need to find a way to represent the villagers' carreer, but might as well add this texture alongside the other textures that I'm making.

[​IMG]African Grey parrot. I know they originally don't have a crest on their heads, but I liked the crest on the model. Can eventually make a second variant without it, depending on the feedback I get.

[​IMG]Okapi. The Okapi is also known as the forest giraffe. With its' long neck and striped behind (and legs), this animal is a striking appearance. Could be ridden. I can make a saddle texture for it or can leave it without.

[​IMG]African clawless otter. The African clawless otter is a relatively big species. The texture isn't spot on, but I think it's cute nevertheless. Give me feedback! :p

[​IMG]The wild dog. Not too sure about the texutre.
  18. Ontvlambaar

Here, have a .jar of my very first steps into Minecraft modding. I'm currently using Mcreator to learn the ropes, but will start coding the mod myself during the summer! The mod contains a new sword (wither sword) and two of the mobs added in Additional Entities. Also includes an achievement and will soon have much more animals with their own drops.

Download here