PvP Arenas Now Available

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Thyestefles, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

Now that bigger issues have been resolved, we have finished the majority of work on the PvP arenas. There will be a total of 8 arenas, 4 overworld and 4 nether. Keepinventory and mobspawning will be enabled/disabled according to the signs posted at the entrances to the arenas.

The arenas can be accessed by simply typing in /warp pvp.

I would suggest not bringing anything of too much value into arenas without keepinventory enabled until we are sure it is working properly. It has been tested but, use caution just in case.

Death messages are disabled in the arenas to cut down on spam. Other tweaks will be made as needed.

Enjoy finally being able to beat on your fellow players and make sure to report any issues here. Suggestions are also welcome however, priority is on fixing any issues and getting all arenas up and running.
    Partago, MrChipstits and ChaiChai like this.
  2. ChaiChai

ChaiChai Member

I look forward to beating more people to death with a fish.
    MrChipstits likes this.
  3. MrChipsy

MrChipsy Active Member

SirGrimothy and I went for the PvP-zone yesterday. I do really like the idea!
    I noticed a few things tho .. The /tpa and the use of enderpearls, it's allowed in the arena. :D
    Had a good laugh when SirGrimothy enderpearled his way up again when he ran away from me.
    Turtles_epicness likes this.
  4. Thyestefles

Should be fixed now. Forgot about setting those. /home and /spawn will be tricky, could add a timer on those commands, if nothing else. Don't really want people just hitting /home to always run away.
    MrChipstits likes this.
  5. MrChipsy

MrChipsy Active Member

Time to check it out then and what you said, a timer wouldn't be too bad I guess.
  6. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

I wonder who is the first one to write a report for breaking the PvP rule.. :p

Wouldn't anything of a reward system based on amount of player kills be nice?
    Cool_Coder likes this.
  7. MrChipsy

MrChipsy Active Member

I would find it easy to abuse such a system with alts. :)
    Thyestefles likes this.
  8. Konachaan

Konachaan Ex Mod

Seems the minecarts are glitched, they are no longer spawning for some of the arenas, and players are able to keep them after use. They also sometimes glitch into inventory rather than the initial track.
  9. Ontvlambaar

Dispensers ran empty. I love the system, but cant we just use a plugin with a sign that adds unlimited minecarts to avoid their stock running out?

Oh, and people get the minecarts when they enter a arena. Just a thing you might want to look into. Not a fair way to acquire goods! ;)

*Another note*
    You might want to tweak the fences. People who warp to the pvp arena's with the jump boost effect can just get out of the hub.
    MrChipstits likes this.
  10. Partago

Partago Active Member

Not needed to use a plugin. Just use a whole bunch of hoppers and a cactus to catch the minecart. The hopper will always be faster than a player can pick it up, and will send it to the dispenser to refill it.

Almost killed myself by exploring beyond the map. It doesn't require a jump boost though, you can just jump over the fences by walking on the fences that are on the floor, and then jumping on the other fences. Can be an easy fix if barrier blocks are used.
  11. ChaiChai

ChaiChai Member

On that note, I've got to say that the PVP arenas and the map in general are quite nice to look at. Or maybe that's 'cause they are new. :p

Can't wait to see the Nether arenas.
    MrChipstits likes this.
  12. MrChipsy

MrChipsy Active Member

You're going down! :cat:
  13. Ontvlambaar

Indeed! Chai, you have to come with something better than feesh to get through those arena's!
  14. Gladitoral battles?
    Can players spectate these battles and place wagers on a champion of their choosing?
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  15. Konachaan

Konachaan Ex Mod

Not sure about wagers but you can watch any battles from above.

Side note, mine carts still aren't spawning, at least for me.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  16. Ontvlambaar

I invite you to the ring someday, worgan!
  17. MrChipsy

MrChipsy Active Member

You both are going down! :rage:
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  18. Thyestefles

Yes, there is a problem with the plugin used to restock things. There is a workaround, possibly. I'll mess with it when I get a chance, just got done moving and still getting things setup :)
  19. Thyestefles

The chests should all be restocking properly now
    MrChipsy and Konachaan like this.
  20. Konachaan

Konachaan Ex Mod

Excellent! Fish duels for all!
    Ontvlambaar likes this.