Steam is so annoying!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Repomeister, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

I don't understand what is going on - I have bought many Steam games and I just want TO PLAY MY GAMES. So I click the icon in my games folder and this is what happens:
    1. Nothing for several seconds
    2. I get a windows saying Steam is checking for updates (I don't care, I don't WANT STEAM, I want to play the GAME I PAID FOR
    3. I get a window popup progress bar saying downloading update
    4. I get a window saying applying update
    5. I get a windows saying verifying update
    6. I get a window saying launching Steam
    7. Steam launches
    8. My game finally launches
    9. Steam Cancer sticks its hairy backside in my task bar and runs about 6 Windows background processes

How do I unglitch all of this CRUD happening every time I just want to PLAY MY GAME? I don't talk on Steam - I don't care about Steam's nifty OVERLAYS or chat or any of that junk - I just want to play the games I paid for. Jesus. Steam was awesome back in the day...
  2. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

1. Uninstall Steam for the sake of your sanity
    2. Buy your games on gog.com
    3. Life happy ever after

Jk, what games are you trying to play?
  3. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

Any game - Steam won't just let the games play - it wants to run Steam and everything
  4. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Have you tried putting Steam in offline mode? That should stop it from updating.
  5. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

I'll try offline mode. This literally makes it so I don't even bother trying to play any fun, little indie games for a few minutes because Steam will take 1 minute to load and afterwards Minecraft always crashes until I go into task manager and start shutting down all the Steam processes. Unless I am ready to spend hours in gaming (like I have Fallout 4, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Just Cause 3 all through Steam) it just isn't worth it to play any game I got through Steam.