strange events...

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Footrott_Flats, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

I have tried to get into the server atleast a couple dozen times. Of those dozens of times, I have gotten in once or twice. Its a rather weird situation. Its not just VW, but any multiplayer server. I am perplexed. I have uninstalled, reinstall minecraft, reinstall my network adapters and plugins, curse very diligantly towards my computer...
    nada.

SO.. I have started playing a single player world. Its crazy. no maps, no waypoints, fall damage.. health damage.. mobs breaking down my door... just crazy. I forgot how intense single player can be.

Ill keep trying to get into VW and my other Multiplayer servers.. but until I figure out (gonna give my comp to the geek squad) whats wrong. I most likely wont be on much at all...

So remember..
    Keep the Faith...
    Stay loyal..
    and sammie is queen.. but only of her warp demented fantasies..
    :)

Long Live Your King... Footrott Flats!
  2. rejas

rejas Active Member

i mean, i could try and eat your pc, maybe that would work? otherwise i could just eat you.
    XeniaXD likes this.
  3. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

geek squad, oh no...I wouldn't trust those guys...
  4. Thyestefles

Did you try updating Java?
  5. Footrott_Flats

yes updated java.
    I have found a trojan on my computer and no mater what I do, it wont remove. Thats why going to bestbuy. See if they can get it off. I think its messing with my online games. I tried my xbox gaming (on windows 10) last night since MC didnt want to connect again and started having trouble getting online with that too. Browsers seem to work for awhile also but then stops after a bit. Very strange happenings. Might have to wipe computer and do a complete reinstall sadly.
  6. Thyestefles

they will charge you what? $180. I used to do work at home as a third party contractor for them. They ended that program but, the Geek Squad employees they had would send issues to us and most customers were happy to finally have someone that knew what they were doing. Geek Squad is infamous for making problems worse or, not even fixing the problem.

Not to mention, they are expensive :O

All they will do is run a scan and hit delete/quarantine when it's done. If you have access to another computer, I would suggest downloading Malwarebytes and possibly even tdsskiller, mostly checks for rootkits but, doesn't hurt to scan with that as well. Some viruses block downloading which is why I suggest another computer. You get those installed and run scans, after updating the databases, and you will most likely be alright.
    XeniaXD likes this.
  7. Thyestefles

I did some virus removals for customers through that program they used. I made $36 in 15 minutes for a virus removal by simply running a scan and removing the virus. The customer paid $100 something for the service.

The way to make sure it removes, usually, is to boot into safe mode and run the scan in safe mode. Safe mode will generally prevent viruses from loading and keeping themselves safe from the scans.
    XeniaXD likes this.
  8. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Any chance that your firewall is blocking online access? Do you get an error message while trying to connect? If yes, what is it?
  9. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Ha, had that on my previous laptop. The virus blocked my antivirus programs from starting and downloading. I ended up going through every bit of my registry to remove the virus. Computer appears to be clean, but I still cant change my default search engine. I believe I changed the site it loaded to google.com as I couldnt find a way to entirely remove the site it was referring me to :p
    Viruses can be very pesky, been busy removing one for over a year. Then bought a new laptop as the previous one had hibernation issues and refused to go into sleep mode.
    XeniaXD likes this.
  10. XeniaXD

XeniaXD Member

Wow. That really sucks. If you have a subscription to something like Norton Security, I would suggest contacting them for help. One time I managed to get a virus or something on my computer and simply spoke to a representative online and they were able to access my computer since I had Norton installed and they did their magic to fix the problem. It was great, and I wasn't charged anything since my family already pays to have Norton on our laptops.
  11. Footrott_Flats

it seems to be a kovter virus. I have done alot of reading and got hitmanpro. Seems to have removed it. Its a registry virus that boots before the regular malware/trojan anti programs kick in. Going to try to come on in a bit.. see if everything is okkie dokkie.. *crosses fingers*