The Community Area [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Survival' started by CommunityArea, Nov 25, 2015.

1. CommunityArea

CommunityArea New Member

The-Community-Area.png

About.png
    The Community Area, officially created in early 2015, is a area on the Vanilla World server. It was started by Ontvlambaar, as a side project while his town got raided. The philosophy behind the area itself was simple, yet useful; an area to which anyone found trustworthy was able to teleport.
    The area had one spawn, the stone dome. The dome was considered to be the central building, from which people could build their own towns in their own distinctive styles. If a theme was already being processed, players had to discuss with the mayor, the founder of that town, whether they could join the building or not.
    The Community Area was thought to become similar to the /wild, but with monster spawns and huge themed towns.
    Towns.png
    Mayorship and starting a town
    The main idea behind the Community was having people creating their themed towns with others. This idea lives on, and everyone is still allowed to start their own towns!
    If you decide to start a town, keep in mind that it has to have it's own distinctive style. Town owners are considered the mayors of the town, and thus take full responsibility for how the town looks. Keep in mind that you are going to need more than a couple of houses to make your town stand out and attract people to it.
    Themes that already are under construction may not be used again, unless stated otherwise. If a theme is already being built you are free to join that town. Always check with the advisors whether a theme is being worked on

The basics of every town
    Those towns should look nice. Do not leave debris anywhere to avoid unwanted destruction of a landscape. Towns mainly consist of people's houses. Players can build houses of any size, as long as they do not use the entire town's space and ruin the towns look.
    Shops, guilds and other professions can be set-up, although there will be a separate shopping district next to the main area.
    Do not forget adding some nice decorations to a town, eyecatchers lure people in your town.

Joining a town
    Joining a town is fairly easy. If you are allowed in the area, you can freely join any town. Just ask a mayor where you can start building your house to make sure you're not building in a occupied section!
    Houses may be built in multiple towns, regardless of the amount of buildings you already have!

Shopping.png
    Whitelisted people may build a shop. Shops can be built in the special shopping district (next to the main area), or in towns. Having a shop is nice, and the way you organize yours is up to you! If you're wondering where you can set up your shop, do not hesitate to ask the advisors for help.
    Shopping in the Community is mainly trust-based, but we cannot guarantee that nothing will be stolen. If something is stolen, please ask Loyjanna or Ontvlambaar for advice.
    Stealing in the Community will not be left unpunished.

Get-whitelisted.png
    In the Community everyone is treated equally. To become whitelisted, we require people to fill out a form and agree with our rules. After filling in the form, we will decide whether we whitelist you, and if so, on which list you are placed. The most trustworthy players will receive additional /warp permissions, while others are free to teleport to anyone in the Community.
    Why? Well, we've been griefed once in the first year of existence. To avoid further trouble, people who take full notice of our rules are allowed.
    The rules are simple, follow the Vanilla World rules, do not take huge amounts of materials from the area and do never accept TP's from anyone who is not whitelisted/in the community. A full set of rules can be viewed in our application form.
    We are very strict towards letting players get to the area. Only let people TP who are listed here. If you let people TP who are not on the list, your future TP's to the area will be denied.
    Do NOT give griefers a chance!

FAQ:
    Can I keep my /home? - Yes, you can. This area is purely for building together and can be reached by teleporting to other members.
    Can I set my /home in the community area? - We have changed our attitude towards setting /homes in the community. We only allowed certain people from our trustlist to set their home here.
    May I invite my friend? - If he's on the whitelist, he may access the area, if not he should first apply to be whitelisted. This can be done through the VWEvolution forums.
    Can I join when I am not on the whitelist? - No, if you want to do so, please ask to join. The inhabitants will vote to let you in.
    Can I haz a cookie? - Yush!

External Links:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    Michael Clark and Ontvlambaar like this.
  2. el_gustavoo

el_gustavoo New Member

Is the whitelist back open yet? I cannot wait to check out the awesome creations.

(And even make some myself)
  3. BudderBacca247

BudderBacca247 Active Member

The whitelist will be back open very soon. After our grief attack we have closed it, but soon after thorough evaluation of the whitelist we will start accepting new members
  4. BudderBacca247

We could start any day now, we just need to discuss members who would join
  5. BudderBacca247

Btw ont/community area I'll continue on the bridge to the new event district
  6. Georgina21

Georgina21 Member

2015-12-10_08.34.16.png HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :troll:
    SirGrimothy and Loyjanna like this.
  7. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

New link to request whitelist permissions:
    http://goo.gl/forms/76ut4C8Vqc

People who have been whitelisted before are asked to fill out the form again. The warp permissions will be reset shortly. A small amount of people will receive warp permissions again. They, however, are still asked to fill in the form.
    Asmeroas likes this.
  8. BudderBacca247

Even all of us who've been here since the beginning? XD
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  9. Ontvlambaar

Nicolas, Loy and I filled it in as well, is that enough information? ;)
  10. Asmeroas

Asmeroas Member

I may wait until I'm really active again before re-requesting, but I hope all is going well! Still never thought of what I wanted to make, either. lol
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  11. BudderBacca247

Lol you filled in your own survey xD Yea ill get right on it!
  12. Wuzzleflump

Wuzzleflump Active Member

Huzzah, I finished filling out the form.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  13. Partago

Partago Active Member

The Christmas tree seems to be exploded, is that on purpose? 2016-01-07_19.33.46.jpg
    Georgina21 likes this.
  14. Ontvlambaar

DW about that, georgina21 was removing that!
  15. Ontvlambaar

I started creating a few banners which people can use in their forums signature! Here's a timelapse video of me designing a logo for one of the banners! :)
    Partago likes this.
  16. Georgina21

Georgina21 Member

I have removed all of it apart from a few leaves, They disappear after a while?

I finished it yesterday, So I will only get a bit of bad luck as the last day of christmas is meant to be the 6th (when you have to get rid of everything) Vw still has there christmas decorations up haha!!!
  17. Georgina21

Georgina21 Member

what program are you using? are you good at designing/Drawing art?
  18. Partago

Partago Active Member

Perhaps Thy can prohibit teleportation of people who do not belong to the community area inside the community area, since now he has been able to set up some permissions in the arena area as well. Just so there won't be any hickups (like when someone intervenes a /tpaccept by sending a request right before you pressing enter, or if someone thinks someone can be trusted and teleports the person there anyway).
  19. Ontvlambaar

Leaves placed by a player do not disappear eventually, they all have the be removed manually.
  20. Ontvlambaar

Im using PicsArt, a android app available from the appstore. Nope, I am a terrible graphic artist, but I like drawing! ;p
    Partago likes this.
  21. Ontvlambaar

Main topic updated :)