The Community Area [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Survival' started by CommunityArea, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

This isn't where this goes... He has a profile, I'm sure you can dm him or http://vanillaworld.org/forums/suggestions-and-bugs.7/ This Forums page would be better suited for the question.
  2. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Lord there is so much planned for the halloween area, so Ont knows it needs more, and it will be worked on whenever he isn't at Uni
  3. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

Servers fine.. leave it alone! Dam hippies!
    Michael Clark and Sammie_gaga like this.
  4. AnnihiGator

AnnihiGator New Member

The survival side will stay the same. Everything will stay vanilla.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  5. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Says the one with a hippy bus parked outside his castle?

2017-09-15_10.43.57.png

And dont pretend it isn't yours.. it has your name on it!
    2017-09-15_10.45.26.png
  6. Ontvlambaar

Two years have passed since we created today's Community Area. We have achieved a lot in these two years. Massive builds have arrived, people have been creating their shops and helping out in the towns. We're certainly not done here, but here's a video showing some things in the Main Area!

More videos will follow for each town individually. Make sure to get rid of all the garbage before the camera team stops by!
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  7. Ontvlambaar

Changes changes changes!

A looong while ago, I placed a wall with the request to vote for a shopping area redesign. Most of you were enthusiast about that. I'm still willing to do that, but I've come up with an alternative.
    GoodtimesWithScar mentioned "Community Area" in one of his videos(16:25).

It's like that underground area is made for us. So here's the deal. Cast your votes in this thread on the following:
    Do we want a redesigned shopping area or a 1:1 replica of the underground shopping area that Scar was showing off?
    If the latter, I will wait until the release of the hermitcraft 5 world (should be around the end of the season), and then fully recreate it for you all to build your shops in :)

Then, a little announcement for the modern area. I've added an example office building recently. Sammie is now mayor of the area and has taken a seat in the town hall there. I hope to see a lot of new builds arrive soon, but Sammie cant do this alone. If you have anything to add to the modern area, please contact Sammie (or me if you cant find her). We still have several shops with respective logos to build!

Last, but surely not least, is that we have reclaimed Rocky's area for the Community. Rocky has found an area outside the Community to live. We're overhauling everything, adding new farms etc. Stay tuned for more!
  8. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Adding to Ont's Changes news.

For the Modern Area as the mayor :p I think we need shops/buildings built, like a bakery, flower shop, little cafe, pet store, hotel, B+B (Bed and breakfast - Smaller than a hotel, normally just like 1 or 2 rooms for guests) Toy shop, Big department store, for sure a park, that we can build a skating rink in, and a big Christmas tree for the holidays (British girl getting that New York Vibe - sorry), outside car park lot.. Lots of ideas, but as Ont said I can't do it alone, I can barely do it myself, I'm great at decoration and making blocks fit in nice styles, but I sometimes lack in building, thought I will try. :)

If you want to contact me: here or on discord (Regal Sammie) or even in game :)
    XeniaXD and Ontvlambaar like this.
  9. Ontvlambaar

Some screenshots I made today in the area.
    2018-01-15_11.20.48.png 2018-01-15_11.28.18.png 2018-01-15_11.24.22.png
  10. Ontvlambaar

11. Ontvlambaar

I'd like to introduce you to the Egyptian desert themed city of Khayr (Arabic for "welfare"). Development of the Community has been on a standstill for far too long. The city of Khayr will be connected to the Community boulevard and will be built alongside the coastline of the CA desert.
    The town itself is inspired by @Taerran 's hometown on the server.

Later on, we will make an Arabic themed city (with mosques etc.) in another part of the desert.
    If you're interested in helping us out with the desert themed builds, contact me in-game. This will become our biggest and most detailed town ever made in the Community!
    Toaster likes this.
  12. Ontvlambaar

Khayr is already becoming an flowering oasis in the desert of the Community Area.
    Several buildings and a river have already been added in those first two days of the project. I'd like to go over the stuff that we're most likely adding to Khayr. To clarify: the new city will be a mixture of a touristic city and ancient Egyptian stuff. Expect crowded streets, markets, mythology, culture and a whole lot of stuff for players to learn.
    • Mythology & Religion! Ancient Egypt is known for it's rich culture and mythology. Several animals (cats, crocodiles) are being honored as gods.
      • An Anubis (jackal) statue is being built in the sea outside the first bit of Khayr that's been built.
      • Of course, sphinx's will arrive to the area.
      • Obelisks will be made in honor of the sun god, Ra (eagle)
    • Culture.. Whether it be the pharaoh's or the pyramids.
      • Weathered pyramid(s): pyramids have been in the Community Area for thousands of years. We're only just not digging them up. Can't expect them to be in a perfect state, right?
      • Sarcophagi: Hidden tombs for you to discover in honor of deceased pharaoh's.
      • Bazaar's: Those crowded, roofed markets in Egypt. Maybe people can set up some shops there too :)
    • Farming:
      • Alongside the rivers of the CA, we find fertile grounds, suitable for growing all kinds of crops.
        • Irrigation is often considered to be a Roman invention. Egyptians used to irrigate their lands too with water from the Nile river. I'm sure the citizens of Khayr have their ways of irrigating their crops too!
      • In hot lands, crop failures are a common event. What's a better source of income and food than fish? The waters around Egypt are known to house many species of fish and the city of Khayr will display the relevance of fishing perfectly.
    • The inner city: whereas the outskirts of the Khayr city may be spacious and unorganized, the main city will be crowded. Protected by city walls, you will find stone roads and organized buildings
    Repomeister and Sammie_gaga like this.
  13. Ontvlambaar

14. Taerran

Taerran Active Member

Dang... inspired from my place? Khayr looks way better than what i built! I need to take some pointers from you ;)
  15. Ontvlambaar

More stuff has been cleared and built thanks to @Sammie_gaga and @Michael Clark. I will upload some more screenshots tomorrow. It'll soon be time to start working on some actual farms!

Dont belittle yourself. Your area is amazing! This is just an attempt at building something as awesome as your city in the Community Area.
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  16. Ontvlambaar

And now for the promised screenshots..

2018-03-08_23.00.54.png 2018-03-08_23.01.23.png 2018-03-08_23.01.30.png 2018-03-08_23.01.08.png 2018-03-08_23.01.48.png 2018-03-08_23.02.59.png 2018-03-08_22.59.46.png 2018-03-08_23.00.36.png 2018-03-08_23.00.40.png 2018-03-08_23.00.43.png
  17. Taerran

Taerran Active Member

Wowzers!
  18. Ontvlambaar

19. Ontvlambaar

Toaster likes this.
  20. Ontvlambaar

Surprise surprise! The road between the Equestrian center and the Community boulevard has been finished. On your way, you can stop by the Khayr safehouse to score some free food. A bit further, after crossing a part of the savannah, you reach the Desert boat tours building. Grab a boat and go on a river cruise; on your own or with friends!

We'll try to build stuff alongside the river and the roads to make your journeys even more interesting!
    Michael Clark likes this.