The Community Area [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Survival' started by CommunityArea, Nov 25, 2015.

1. lordoftherings252

lordoftherings252 Active Member

I know Khayr is on he way to my soon to be town, would it be possible to continue a path towards there so people could find their way?
  2. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

That will be worked on when there's more of the town made up I think, as I don't think Ont wants loads visiting while we're making it up.
  3. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Keep in mind that Khayr is expanding still. In the red square, Khayr is displayed as it is now. The bright green lines represent paths (running from an intersection near Equestrian(magenta). The entire area outlined with red is the Khayr region. By the yellow arrow, the border isn't a river (yet). That will be made into a river later. The desert will have an arabic city later, too.

Also wanted to mention that the building rules are still in place. Approval is needed from (at least one of) the advisors. We want to know which theme you will be building in, where you're building and how much space you need.
    khayr.png

Also.. new stuff!

2018-03-20_11.29.28.png
    The new building for our villager farm. To be finished. Design entirely by Ont.

2018-03-20_11.28.25.png
    Some market stalls. And look! A friendly vulture came to visit! ;)
  4. Ontvlambaar

Swapped my old Chocapic shaders out for Kuda - more resource-heavy, but definitely better! Here's some screenshots made with the shaderpack. Some screenshots of the new stuff in Khayr, one in the main area and a few of the existing stuff in the Egyptian city. 2018-03-23_22.09.34.png 2018-03-23_22.09.17.png 2018-03-23_22.10.39.png 2018-03-23_22.09.50.png 2018-03-23_22.09.31.png 2018-03-23_22.08.24.png 2018-03-23_22.06.29.png 2018-03-23_22.11.14.png
  5. Ontvlambaar

If you're using optifine C7+, I'd like to suggest a few resource packs for the best Community Area experience.

Additional Elytras
    [​IMG]

Adds custom elytra textures. You can see the elytra textures that others have and vice versa. Pack made by me
    Download
    Guide

Additional Entities
    [​IMG]

We're using this since the start of the Egyptian city, Khayr. This adds custom textures to mobs. Several textures have already been made for the different themes, such as a pharaoh golem and egyptian villagers! Pack made by me.
    Download
    Guide

Additional Everything
    2018-03-25_13.15.45.png

Future pack that adds different food, items, posters/grafitti/wall hangings(!), armor/clothing, tools and weapons. A must-have for the best Community Area experience!
    Download (BETA added soon)
    Guide

Itembound

A true inspiration and one of the pioneers in the add-on packs. This pack includes furniture, animated textures, custom models, weapons, tools, clothing.. so basically everything! Definitely worth trying.
    Download
    Guide

Transmobifier

Custom mob models and mob textures similar to Additional Entities. Works great alongside Additional Entities and worth trying. This includes animated christmas lights for llamas!
    Download
    Guide
    Repomeister likes this.
  6. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

The community area was always such a nice place. Some of it's building I may use as inspiration for my new town I am going to build. I have to start fresh because MC got a bit boring.
  7. Ontvlambaar

..And on their way to the hidden city of Khayr, the expedition crew came across an archaeological dig site..
    ..what a boney mess!
    2018-03-31_11.43.36.png 2018-03-31_11.43.17.png 2018-03-31_11.43.30.png 2018-03-31_11.42.58.png

Coming soon to a Community Area near you :p
  8. lordoftherings252

I knew I should've hid those better
  9. Ontvlambaar

Since Khayr is an Egyptian-themed city, mythology and religion play a big role in several parts of the map.
    This is already displayed by the temple of Nu and the anubis statue, but there will be more - and best of all - each god will have its own dungeon!
    I've been burnt out on Minecraft, lacked inspiration and didn't really feel like playing. Today, a new snapshot was released, after which I decided to start the game again.. and I made a design for a part of Nu's (God of the primordial waters) dungeon.. behold:

2018-04-04_19.47.22.png 2018-04-04_19.47.37.png 2018-04-04_19.47.54.png

This is still subject to change, but we've got a design for 1.13.. And I love it!
    Toaster and Sammie_gaga like this.
  10. Ontvlambaar

/!\ Important notice /!\

The main area will receive a little overhaul. For months, players had a chance to share their thoughts on a upcoming shopping district redesign. That day has come. We're trying to improve the City hall, roads and shopping district. I'd like to ask everyone who wants to have a say in the redesign to add me on Skype (Ontvlambaargames) and PM me.

All the existing shops will be removed. If you want your shop in the new shopping area, we'd like to keep the blocks and sales so the shop can easily be rebuilt in the new area. If you don't want a shop in the new shopping area, we would like to ask you to either reclaim the materials or donate them to the Community Area. I'm trying to contact every shopkeeper individually to see if their shop is really worth keeping. What I'm noticing too much is that people claim a shop and end up not selling anything and thus are unnecessarily occupying a plot.

Little spoiler: 2018-04-06_14.40.31.png
    2018-04-06_14.41.22.png

The images as shown before do not fully represent the final product. What I like best is build custom landscapes, and that's definitely happening here too. The nether portal will be moved closer to the /warp location and we're adding a lot more color than you're seeing now.
    Toaster and Sammie_gaga like this.
  11. Ontvlambaar

Remember the time that the Community Area dome had some text on it saying "Welcome to VWE"? VWE referred to the 'Vanilla World Evolution' building team that me and my buddy @Dennicolas once started. We originally referred to the Community Area as 'VWE', but things changed and the area is known as the Community Area nowadays. Thats why the text changed too.

And we added flowers, cuteeeee 2018-05-13_09.44.43.png
  12. Turtles_epicness

Turtles_epicness HG Tribute

That parrot is just chillin.
  13. lordoftherings252

Ont, you didn't capture his good side
  14. Ontvlambaar

The renewed pig farm is finished, thanks to @Clarkstar1 and @Sammie_gaga!
    2018-05-20_12.31.34.png 2018-05-20_12.31.26.png
    Oh man, what did this pig eat!?
    Sammie_gaga likes this.