The End

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Sammie_gaga, Aug 21, 2017.

?

Would you say the end is messy?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2017.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

So who's the moody person that's placing these signs everywhere in the end?
    I understand you might want the end to be kept clean, and trust me I do too.
    But it's no where near as bad as it was before the reset, so leaving these signs everywhere
    over things people have placed in the end is just rude! We could have build huge grassed areas,
    or platforms below and in the sky, tons of bridges out to the deep end. BUT WE HAVEN'T!
    So just chill okay, I've seen where you put signs, it's not only my ad board, it's everything that's not a farm
    or generated by the game. Myself and Loy have agreed nothing there at the moment looks horrid and out of
    place in a way that makes it "Tacky" The end is public, we can do what we want in it. Your land is yours, you can
    keep it non tacky and extra clean to make up for the supposed mess we have in the end :)
    Screen Shot 2017-08-21 at 17.52.45.png
    Asmeroas likes this.
  2. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

I for one will back you up Sammie. I aswell think the end looks far nicer that it used to and nothing that is there currently makes it look "tacky". Judge your own places people and leave the End alone.
    Sammie_gaga and Asmeroas like this.
  3. Asmeroas

Asmeroas Member

The end is a shared space anyway, people can't honestly expect it to conform to their individual tastes. Not to mention, all it'll take is one troublemaker to come in and ruin it, and it won't matter what was tacky or clean. I say build freely and let people worry about their own stuff, ya know? As long as the rules are followed, and nobody is being blatantly rude (like by blocking peoples creations with signs, or building over things).

That being said, I rarely visit the end, so not sure my input is worth much. :p
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  4. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

What the sign-placer is probably trying to say is best kept in its original state. With all kinds of builds, people will feel inclined to do the same. In the end (ha!), the end will become a big mess again. And with again, I mean pre- end cleanup. Some builds may be necessary (enderman farm, stairs to portals), but an excess amount of builds is bound to make the end look messy again. Maybe we should look into making a platform out of the main island, that can be cut out of pasted into the end every time it resets. Or maaaaybe we should use some generic style that fits into the end theme (End bricks \o/ )
  5. Ontvlambaar

But in the end.. the end is a public place. People can do what they want, as long as they abide the rules. And to make it even better; we should keep in consideration that others share the same end, and may not like an excess of random builds. The best way to keep the end clean is by limiting the amount of random builds, while not entirely banning them from the end. Agree?
  6. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Ont are you trying to say that you're the owner of this moody sign writer....
    But dearie if you've been in the end, there were 5 things that the sign had been put by, none of it was tacky,
    nobody had made it for it to look a mess. And nobody else is building random in there, even Steve put his shop downstairs, and then lord did.
    If it's that big a deal I'll take down my "ugly" gold blocks, but it's public and a ore block seems to draw attention, but whatever I don't need sales.... ;P
  7. Ontvlambaar

Hey, I'm not the one complaining. I'm good with how the end looks, but I see what the sign writer means too
    Asmeroas and Sammie_gaga like this.
  8. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

My furnace hut is there to accept the random tpers and nab screenshots of them trying to tear their way out, and give me a place to safely trade. I tested the trade rooms awhile back with someone and they were not working, so having a place to trade where someone random wont join /spawn and either purposely or accidentally pick up the trade goods was needed for me.

To keep it more clean, i slapped endstone all around it so it blends in with the landscape, sorry if it looks 'tacky' but with potential end resets coming more frequently, I didn't think it would be around for long.
    Asmeroas and Sammie_gaga like this.
  9. Rainbo

Rainbo Member

pssh, speak for yourself :p