The PvP server of tomorrow

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Ontvlambaar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

The PvP server is becoming more popular and that means some server flaws start to reveal themselves. I'd like to hear everyones opinion on what they would like to see changed.

In the light of recent events, I found the following things:
    1. The PvP arena in the /wild currently lacks a spectating arena. I've seen people being killed while they didnt want to fight and just watch the fight. I suggest we add a box with barriers with a /warp from which people can spectate without being killed. Inside that box, PvP is disabled/disallowed
    2. One of the unwritten arena rules is to return the items that were dropped by the person that's been killed. People end up losing stuff and start blaming eachother for stealing the items. I personally vouch for a few keepinventory arenas in the /wild to prevent this from happening.
    3. Total base destruction should be forbidden. Raiding is allowed and thus people can loot what they find. Of course, people can remove some blocks in an attempt to search for hidden chests, but proportionality is mandatory. As more people join the PvP server, it is more likely that they will come across raided bases. Seeing holes and lava everywhere is not going to be the signal we want to give off.
    4. Bonus: Redo the entire wild spawn. Players need somewhere to trade and be safe. The current wild spawn floods with mobs overnight. Some additional arenas where blockchanging is disabled would be cool.

Of course new rules on any of the servers have no retroactive effect. Let me hear about your opinions.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Repomeister and Michael Clark like this.
  2. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

I agree with all of Onts suggestions especially the part about complete base destruction :)
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  3. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Yes I agree :)
    Griefing should be to find chests or secret rooms.
    Setting traps that only destroy little bits of areas.
    This full destruction, like what is the point?
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  4. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

But with all of these rules, PVP loses its "Purge" style of all crime is legal. That's why some people play that instead of survival.
  5. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

As true as your statement is, you didn't have to go through the grief we did with summuh and Alch, after our war was over with them, they still came back and blew up everything we'd built. And it's not like they found the place they lived with us. Like I said up a bit, griefing is fine, when it's not full destruction, because if you have the heart to break everything that someone built, what changes on survival? Yes we're not allowed but if we could, would you? Even if someone worked hours and days making something?
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  6. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

That's why I wouldn't build really nice builds on PVP. People that find it fun to do that sort of thing go there for that. I personally do not but I am just saying others do.
    The_Alchemist_DP likes this.
  7. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

PVP (or PLAYER v PLAYER) dosen't mean one has to attack and destroy everything one see's including base's/ buildings /farms.
    I'm not opposed to a little bit of 'Traps n Minor damage' in an attempt to attack or get at a player. but when someone waits till peeps are offline to sneak in and let of a nuke in their base with the aim of being as big a pain in the A** as possible is really not cool.

p.s Im Glad the last jerks that tried to make war against us ended up with their heads on Spikes at the main gates of our city :)
    Haha!
    Sammie_gaga and Ontvlambaar like this.
  8. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

How childish can one boy be, still so butt hurt over your ban, but thing is, your digital art isn't to bad, maybe use it for good rather than making silly pictures of people who don't give a damn what you do with your life. Because if we don't care you don't win. So get on with your studies at university, because minecraft isn't everything. Unless of course your whole life is a lie and it's all you have, because it really looks that way with all the drama you're trying to start...

[Edited: This was a reply to someone, who's comments have been deleted, nothing to do with the pvp conversation :p ]
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  9. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

Well, I would then consider using PVP more if that rule of no complete grief is implemented.
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  10. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

I suppose I could start on the suburbia I was considering for awhile now.
    [​IMG]
    (Example)
    Repomeister and Ontvlambaar like this.
  11. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Looks good, though for something that good, I'd say survival was a better place. :)
    Asmeroas, Ontvlambaar and Xeriana like this.
  12. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

In light of recent events i further support change for pvp. I mean Just because pvp is allowed dosen't or shouldn't have to automatically mean griefing is allowed. like if people use certain mods it wont matter if u hide ur base underground or what u still gunna get wrecked.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  13. Jade Spectre

Jade Spectre Active Member

I don't play PvP but it was my understanding that mods like what you are talking about were not allowed.
  14. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

He's not saying it's allowed, he's saying people will use them regardless, because on pvp with us allowed to raid and grief it would push people to breaking the xray rule if not to find diamonds but to find bases. And recently our base was griefed by two players who have been banned before and they got Alt accounts, and they've already claimed that they'll be back with hacks to find our bases.
    Michael Clark likes this.
  15. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

Definately not allowed, but some peeps just dont follow rules. thats all.
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  16. Jade Spectre

Jade Spectre Active Member

That's true. Glad those people got banned.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  17. Repomeister

Repomeister Member

If the PvP world was more active I would def play on there. I have been on it a few times and I have little supply caches here and there. But I never saw another player and it just sort of seemed like a survival world where you didn't even want to spend a lot of time building anything because of the potential of getting griefed and there were no other players.

As for the total slash and burn griefing - I am of mixed opinion.

*If* the rules said total base griefing was allowed, I would know that everyone else on the server was operating under those same rules and were there because that total warfare challenge appealed to them. I would have fun building alliances, working on base defense, trying to construct redstone siege weapons once a base had been discovered, etc.

*If* the rules said raiding/looting and minor pillaging was allowed but leave the gratuitous destruction outside, I would also enjoy that environment because I could focus more on clever ways to hide my shineys and could spend more time on trying to build something that looked cool.

There is no one "right" way to have a PvP server and just because the server says its PvP doesn't automatically mean ANYTHING. It is up to Staff, taking in community feedback, to set the rules and then that is what our PvP server will be.
    Michael Clark likes this.
  18. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

As long as this is a minecraft, griefing will exsist. If you dont want your stuff trashed, dont play on pvp. Its that simple. Stop complaining and except its a trashable world. I have a very very nice base. If it gets trashed.. ah well, thats the chance I took. Ill rebuild somewhere else.
  19. Footrott_Flats

Footrott_Flats Active Member

oh.. one more tidbit.. enderchests.. with shulker boxes prevents all your good valueable stuff from getting looted.
    Sammie_gaga likes this.
  20. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

@Repomeister @Footrott_Flats

Tbh this original post happened when our island got griefed by the two players who were later banned for other reasons on survival, and then they came back with other accounts to grief us again. Pvp was popular for a short while but after they griefed us because of some silly fight (The 2 of them lived with us, we were a team) we all kind of stopped playing. Foot is right grief will always happen, and since we allow it in pvp I guess we can't really make rules about it too. But saying that and I'm sure I've said it before above, when people go out to grief a persons base for no reason, and mess up everything but doesn't even play on the server, there has to be some sort of rule that we can ban them. :)
    Michael Clark and Repomeister like this.