The PvP server of tomorrow

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Ontvlambaar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

The PvP server is becoming more popular and that means some server flaws start to reveal themselves. I'd like to hear everyones opinion on what they would like to see changed.

In the light of recent events, I found the following things:
    1. The PvP arena in the /wild currently lacks a spectating arena. I've seen people being killed while they didnt want to fight and just watch the fight. I suggest we add a box with barriers with a /warp from which people can spectate without being killed. Inside that box, PvP is disabled/disallowed
    2. One of the unwritten arena rules is to return the items that were dropped by the person that's been killed. People end up losing stuff and start blaming eachother for stealing the items. I personally vouch for a few keepinventory arenas in the /wild to prevent this from happening.
    3. Total base destruction should be forbidden. Raiding is allowed and thus people can loot what they find. Of course, people can remove some blocks in an attempt to search for hidden chests, but proportionality is mandatory. As more people join the PvP server, it is more likely that they will come across raided bases. Seeing holes and lava everywhere is not going to be the signal we want to give off.
    4. Bonus: Redo the entire wild spawn. Players need somewhere to trade and be safe. The current wild spawn floods with mobs overnight. Some additional arenas where blockchanging is disabled would be cool.

Of course new rules on any of the servers have no retroactive effect. Let me hear about your opinions.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 1:52 PM
    Michael Clark likes this.
  2. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

I agree with all of Onts suggestions especially the part about complete base destruction :)
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  3. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Active Member

Yes I agree :)
    Griefing should be to find chests or secret rooms.
    Setting traps that only destroy little bits of areas.
    This full destruction, like what is the point?
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  4. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

But with all of these rules, PVP loses its "Purge" style of all crime is legal. That's why some people play that instead of survival.
  5. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Active Member

As true as your statement is, you didn't have to go through the grief we did with summuh and Alch, after our war was over with them, they still came back and blew up everything we'd built. And it's not like they found the place they lived with us. Like I said up a bit, griefing is fine, when it's not full destruction, because if you have the heart to break everything that someone built, what changes on survival? Yes we're not allowed but if we could, would you? Even if someone worked hours and days making something?
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  6. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

That's why I wouldn't build really nice builds on PVP. People that find it fun to do that sort of thing go there for that. I personally do not but I am just saying others do.
    The_Alchemist_DP likes this.