The road to 1.13

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ontvlambaar, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Hi all,
    With the recent release of Update Aquatic, I'd like to clarify some thi gs in relation to the new worldgen. Proceed with reading if you want the new blocks.
    If you have already explored a big area around your home, you most likely have to travel a long distance to find chunks that havent been generated yet. Maybe consider a fresh /start to spawn in a land with the new worldgen. Alternatively, you can go on a journey to find newly generated chunks around your area. If you want to set up a portal for fast travel, dont forget to bring obsidian and flint and steel. Create a nether portal, go through it, note the nether-sided coordinates and dig to it from your home portal.

If you haven't explored much, you're in luck. You shouldn't have to travel far to get the new blocks.

Is the new stuff worth starting over?
    Depends.
    Of course, like most blocks, builders benefit most from the new blocks. Coral doesn't regenerate, so if you want that, you best start travelling or start over.

Seagrass and seaweed grow, ask your fellow Vanilla Worldians to get a piece and grow your own!

Turtles and dolphins spawn naturally after a while. Your current area should suffice.

Drowned mobs drop nautilus shells and tridents. Zombies that stay in the water for a while turned into drowned mobs. They also spawn in the water after a while.

Heart of the seas are acquired from fishing. You should be good.

Bark blocks and stripped logs are craftable.
  2. One_EyeSabre

One_EyeSabre Active Member

Just wondering if your resource pack is gonna be updated to 1.13 . . .

I have been looking at it for awhile, but have procrastinated the day of my repentence for DL'ing it. Looking forward to starting 1.13 with a new look!
  3. Ontvlambaar

What pack do you mean?
    I will be maintaining the Terraria pack as well as my Additional packs. As my packs are all dependent on Optifine, I need that to update first. From there, I will be going through the Minecraft .jar to look for updated item names and stuff. That will be the most intensive part, and I definitely will be asking people to support me in checking the packs for issues.
  4. Chadesh

Chadesh Active Member

has the server been update and if so is it complete? plus my launcher doesnt give me option to change my version anymore. auto updates to newest version.
    It tells me outdate server bungee cord 1.8.x-1.13.x
    Then if i try and join it says I'm still on {0} what ever that means

Edit to add: figured it out. got it to load current server version.
  5. Ontvlambaar

The server hasn't been updates yet. I personally stopped using the default launcher a log time ago, but there should be an option to set up a different 'profile'.
    By doing so, you can select your version.

Otherwise, consider looking into the multiMC launcher. Its author was hired by Mojang to work on their launcher ;)
  6. PercyJames

PercyJames New Member

hi ont just wondering when will the server be updated?
  7. Ontvlambaar

Once Spigot is stable enough. Right now it is unsafe to update the server to 1.13 for a variety of reasons. Spigot still only has preview/development versions available.

I currently have a test server set up and running. Beside a lot of lag, I notice very long server startup times. Several plugins VW is using aren't working at all, making players prone to griefing. It'll take a while before VW is updated from the looks of it.
    Thyestefles likes this.
  8. lordoftherings252

lordoftherings252 Active Member

Ont, don’t forget that the shells are also collected through fishing as well.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  9. PercyJames

PercyJames New Member

i've noticed this glitch in other servers where doors don't work, the double chest texture doesn't show up, furnaces are broken more than my mood, and glass panes and fence show up as their single placed forms even when placed next to each other. so yea
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  10. lordoftherings252

lordoftherings252 Active Member

unless it’s due to the server having plugins, I haven’t noticed this on the 1.13 server I play on
  11. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Some servers that friends of mine play on, updated straight away and soon after had something mess up and it's ruined their whole server to the point of a completely reset, it's not worth testing it until we know it's stable completely!
  12. ElleLightbulb

ElleLightbulb Moderator Staff Member

this has happened here in the past too, best to give the updates time to test and bug fix before really changing :] i don't mind being behind on multiplayer. gives me an excuse to roam around in single player and see what im in for. what i can use for my builds etc.
    JaredBGreat and Sammie_gaga like this.
  13. Ontvlambaar

Little update on 1.13 for those eager to dive with dolphins..

The status of the spigot update for 1.13.1 is still extreme caution. According to the authors, a loss of chest contents is likely when using the current versions of spigot.

I'll update this thread when new information pops up.

IMG_20180906_102645.jpg