TorchPlacer (auto-place torches if you have them in inventory)

Discussion in 'Client Mod Approvals' started by Repomeister, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Repomeister

Repomeister New Member

The Torchplacer mod, when toggled on, will automatically place a torch on the ground if you have the torches selected in your hotbar and the light level on the block you are on is below 8.

I Googled around for this after Xeriana tp'ed to me because I couldn't understand why mobs were still spawning on my base when it was lit up like a Christmas tree with torches everywhere. She found spots here and there where the light level was 6.

This mod would let you run around and the torches would be placed automatically as long as you have them in your inventory.

URL to the mod is here: https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/250084-torchplacer if staff would like to check it out.

One thing though - it uses the /torch command to toggle the automatic torch placing on and off so this command would need to be white-listed or mod installed on server.
    Cool_Coder likes this.
  2. Cool_Coder

Cool_Coder Active Member

I think it would be OK, the issue is that it needs to be installed on the server. Hopefully, they make it so you don't need to use a command to enable it.
    Repomeister likes this.
  3. Repomeister

Repomeister New Member

Yeah - I asked on the mod thread if he could make it so instead of /command we could just use a hot key like so many other client mods.
    Cool_Coder likes this.
  4. Xeriana

Xeriana Moderator Staff Member

Xeri would have to say no to this one. However, you could use the Dynamic Overlays mod to show which blocks need light. It hasn't been officially approved, but it only has 2 jobs - F7 to show where all spawnable block are within 12 blocks of you, and F9 to show chunk borders (honestly, F3+G works better for chunk borders anyway).
    Cool_Coder likes this.
  5. Repomeister

Repomeister New Member

Tell Xeri "Thanks". I'll check out Dynamic Overlays.