Updated to 1.8 (Somewhat)

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Thyestefles, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

So after doing some research and spending a half day making sure everything was backed up...I got a plugin from Spigot that allows 1.8 blocks in the game. We are not truly on 1.8 so, I'm not sure exactly what will happen, if anything, when we update to Spigot's 1.8 build.

This is a protocol hack that allows 1.8, it isn't actually a true 1.8. Works for now though. We may see some interesting bugs but, that should be expected with Spigot as well. Lot of things changed.

Anyway, we can now have some fun with 1.8 stuff before Spigot get's their update out. We should be fully updated with Spigot 1.8 in a matter of weeks but, I found this today and can trust this plugin so, I figured I would see if it would work :p
    Konachaan likes this.
  2. Thyestefles

You will have to update to 1.8 to join the server of course.
  3. HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk Active Member

Well poo. I was hoping the server wouldn't update to 1.8 until all the common mods were updated as well (Rei's and Optifine, for example)
  4. Konachaan

Konachaan Ex-Ex Mod Staff Member

Optifine is updated, but Rei's is not.
  5. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Wow, awesome Thy!

Now i've finally got my colored beacons!
    I noticed the 'tab'-button, which you use to see the players online, is much better also! Instead of showing 150 empty spaces for names, it now shows just the players online - and even better: what their skins head looks like!
  6. Thyestefles

The tab list only shows a max of 60 players, still a valid point though :p
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  7. Thyestefles

Skyblocks will be down for a while. I am still deleting old region files from it before being able to back it up and update it as well. I've had it deleting for over 12 hours already, lol.

I looked at the size, which was smaller then survival and thought it would go faster. Then I realized the region files are quite a bit smaller since there isn't much in them so, there is a massive amount of files to be removed. I can't even get the list of them through the FTP client because it times out before it can get the full list. It'll be up eventually though.
  8. TofuiosRT

TofuiosRT New Member

Since we have the new blocks, does this mean that the world generation is 1.8 now? Or do we still have to wait?
  9. Thyestefles

World gen should be 1.8. I haven't had any luck finding any new ores myself yet but, I haven't spent too much time looking either.
  10. Ontvlambaar

I think we should be looking at spaces we havent come yet.. And thats a shame since I have been exploring better than Dora.
    This is gonna be a looong trip! ;p
  11. idontknow0000

idontknow0000 Well-Known Member

I've tried looking in multiple new loaded chunks and I haven't found any yet :/
  12. idontknow0000

idontknow0000 Well-Known Member

You can still craft the new stone variant things,
  13. ElleLightbulb

ElleLightbulb Moderator Staff Member

yeah i made a new start and didn't find the new stones either, but there was a bunny lol
  14. Ontvlambaar

Have you guys been hunting for lamsracks yet? >;]
  15. Konachaan

Konachaan Ex-Ex Mod Staff Member

Found a bunch of bunnies, trying to get the new Depth Strider enchant.
    Also, Colonel kindly decorated the spawn area in some nice colors :D 2014-11-07_09.06.15.png 2014-11-07_09.10.24.png 2014-11-07_09.12.17.png
  16. Ontvlambaar

2014-11-07_16.19.16.png 1.8 it is!
    FakeFrost likes this.
  17. Thyestefles

After some messing around, I finally figured out why the world gen wasn't working quite as well as it should. The new blocks are now spawning in abundance, in newly generated chunks.
    ElleLightbulb and Tantalised like this.
  18. Ontvlambaar

Woohoo! Now that new /start was not for nothing!

And 100th post! :greedy:
    ElleLightbulb likes this.