VW in trouble again

Discussion in 'Server News & Announcements' started by Thyestefles, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Thyestefles

Thyestefles Admin Staff Member

Well, I hate to think about it but, we may need to suspend the server temporarily as the bill is coming due on the 21st and we are about $70 short due to low donations. I unfortunately can't personally pay the bill out of pocket.

We have had a lot of annoying issues with buycraft not granting/removing VIP and supporter properly which has not helped any. I have been trying to track down the causes for a while and have some more ideas to try and correct it at least.
  2. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

Aw this sucks, but if it has to be done, then there's no way around it, would you know how long it will be suspended for? I always see so many red and blue names, but I've also seen less of the regular people who were always on. I hope you'll able to sort it all out as soon as possible
  3. Syko880

Syko880 New Member

How much does it cost a month to keep the server up? I need to renew my VIP so I might do that a bit earlier then, I've got farms to make
  4. Sammie_gaga

Sammie_gaga Moderator

It's costs $125 a month, so i've been told.
  5. polsaniusVI

polsaniusVI Well-Known Member

Honestly, this would have been something good to know a bit earlier...Money has been tight over here but had I known earlier I could have found a way to help a little just so others could play. I'm not pointing fingers and understand how busy life can be, but a heads up earlier in the month would have been nice at the very least.
  6. Asmeroas

Asmeroas Member

Really sorry I've never been able to donate. Someday I'll have income and I'll give what I can. I know voting for the site only brings so much attention.

Anyway, will there be time to run a backup so we don't lose anything?
  7. RavingDorito

RavingDorito Member

Well, I plan to be donating Thursday, if that helps any! I can buy a thing or two from the store as well, once I set aside my bill payments. Money is really tight this month, but I will try my best to make it work! I think if we all really pull together, we can make it happen!
  8. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

I'd like to obtain a pet egg pack, farm animals egg pack and villager egg pack ingame. The Shop price of the egg packs is a bit lower than 3 wither skulls from the shop so... will a beacon per egg pack do? If anyone wants to trade, please PM me on the forums if you dont catch me online. I'm able to offer different stuff for the egg packs too. Help me help the server ;')
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    XeniaXD likes this.
  9. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

Thanks to some incredibly generous (and beloved <3) donators, we have met the donation goal for this month! We've all put in so much time and effort into this server. Let's please do our best to not come this close to losing it again. :dead:
  10. XeniaXD

XeniaXD Member

Thank goodness! I would hate to see VanillaWorld go down again, for any amount of time.
    Cool_Coder, Ontvlambaar and Solidus like this.
  11. RavingDorito

RavingDorito Member

Phew, thats awesome! I still plan to donate today ( in a moment, actually ) but thank you to everyone who was able to! You all rock!

VIVA LA VW
    Cool_Coder, XeniaXD and Solidus like this.
  12. winkyboy98

winkyboy98 Active Member

I am so thankful to the people that are fortunate enough to have the extra income to donate to the server. I unfortunately am still seeking employment. I would love to donate to the server when I can. I'd hate to lost VW again. I feel that we could raise more income with smaller donor plans like a $5 per month plan. If we had smaller plans more people could donate thus bringing in mroe income. Just a suggestion.
    Cool_Coder likes this.
  13. Solidus

Solidus Rawr.

We have that already. It's called "Supporter". :p
    Cool_Coder, XeniaXD and Ontvlambaar like this.
  14. GRickards

GRickards Member

Yay! I helped. Lol. Now only if my computer was working again. Lol.
  15. Loyjanna

Loyjanna Active Member

Hey All - Just bumping this topic, we pulled together last month to keep things rolling for our happy VW experience, if the bill is due around the 21st, looks like current donations are about $70 shy yet for this month. Please consider renewing your VIP/Supporter if you have not done so in awhile. We have about 2 weeks left to get them in there.
  16. spot1cat

spot1cat New Member

I'm trying to save up money for the server, but at the name time a new game is coming out in my favorite game series and it is $100 and I am currently looking for jobs... and a car... and a better PC until I can build one... and figure out how to do that. Maybe we need more promotion for the server to keep players coming in and money coming in, but at the same time very few players stay from what I've seen. Maybe players would have to vote every day that they want to play so the server can get more attention?
  17. spot1cat

spot1cat New Member

And I just checked the websites that we vote on. The websites need to be updated with the current state of VM, some of the websites even say the server is still on 1.11 and have older screen shots of spawn.
    rwsender likes this.
  18. rwsender

rwsender Well-Known Member

These are a complete pain to update, I'm sure @Thyestefles will get around to it once he gets time. I wish I still had the same interest in minecaft as I did a few years back.
  19. spot1cat

spot1cat New Member

One way to check is to go to the store and look at the donation goal, there it can tell you how much money the server has saved so far for this month.
  20. XeniaXD

XeniaXD Member

Well, the problem is that the goal updates at the beginning of every month, even though payments are (as we now know) due by the 21st. Last month's donations ended at $200+, which is well over the goal. So technically, Thye should be good for this month's payments. It would be nice if the goal renewed itself around the same time as due payments rather than at the end of the month.