What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toaster, Jul 10, 2016.

1. LogicaLotus

LogicaLotus Sleeper Agent Staff Member

OMG.. Love that song. Vega showed it to me a while back. And I love "Word Crimes" Not that I'm a grammar Nazi or anything... I just think it's really clever. Plus I love the original song a lot. Kinda hot.

Loyjanna likes this.
  2. Ontvlambaar

Ontvlambaar Pizza addict Staff Member

Oh dear.. Halsey. My brother listens to her music too. She has some fairly inappropriate music aswell XD
  3. LogicaLotus

I find it expressive and just something about her voice is beautiful. She is beautiful too. found out some things about her and seems that her lyrics sort of fit a lot of things I feel.. like the songs Gasoline, Castle, and Control, Hold me down...etc. Well all her music really. also been listening to Pretty Reckless a lot lately too. If you don't like inappropriate you probably wouldn't like it. I usually listen to rock mostly, but I like a wide variety. Pretty much everything but 90% of country.
  4. Ontvlambaar

I'm more into the mainstream alternative/pop artists lately. Ed Sheeran, James Bay and X-Ambassadors are on my playlist.
    Linkin Park, Bastille and Kodaline are amongst my favorite groups, although I do listen to quite some rock music.
    Ever heard of Alabama Shakes? And Mumford&Sons? :p
  5. LogicaLotus

Yeah I know of Alabama Shakes. They're from a town I used to live in when I was little. I'm from Alabama, and when I was a kid I lived in Athens AL... that's why I named my daughter Athena. Some of my first happy memories were there. But don't know of the other one though... well I think I've heard the name before, but I'd have to listen to them to find out if I've heard any of their songs. I love Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, GodSmack, and especially like pretty much every song that Shinedown has put out I have identified with at some point in my life. There are a few I don't but they have a ton of good music. Lots of 90s rock/alternative like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, LOVE me some Marylin Manson....etc. Paramore is great too. Lately I've been listening to the Suicide Squad soundtrack a lot bc it has a lot of good music and a wide variety of tastes. There's this band called In this Moment, kind of like a female version of Marylin Manson.. some of the earlier music I don't like but just seems like they've really gotten a good hold on decent music I can just get into well. Just really gets me awake in the morning.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  6. Ontvlambaar

I listen to a few songs of Paramore when I was in middle school. Pearl jam is good indeed, from Marylin Manson I only like sweet dreams XD
    Breaking Benjamin used to be on my playlist too from what I remember ;P
    If you're having a taste for bad music, you should have a try with Hollywood Undead, especially 'Everywhere I go'.
  7. LogicaLotus

Ooh... I like that. Reminds me a little bit of Insane Clown Posse... sort of, but with a more rock and a little more mainstream sound... sort of. Used to listen to ICP when I was in highschool. Still sometimes listen to some of their newer stuff when I'm in the mood for it. Most people think it's sick but I think it's hilarious. examples Serial Killer, FTW, My Axe...etc. My dad was really worried about me when he found Marylin Manson's book in my room and read it. Then drove my car once and heard the ICP and Marylin Manson in the CD changer..lol. But he was cool with it when he realized I didn't take it seriously. To me it's just a form of expression and comedy, in a twisted way. But I also had stuff like Beck in there. God I miss Beck. He was a genius.
    Ontvlambaar likes this.
  8. empireship

empireship Active Member

i'll never pass up an opportunity to bump my ign namesake
    LogicaLotus likes this.
  9. SpaceQueenLilith

SpaceQueenLilith New Member

Listen. I've loved ICP since I was 11. I've seen them twice live. I love them so much lol. My mom was not pleased loool
    LogicaLotus likes this.
  10. Ontvlambaar

That beginning somehow reminds me of Bleachers - I wanna get better.
    The Cat Empire also has this song called "Brighter than Gold", which I really liked ;)
    empireship and LogicaLotus like this.
  11. LogicaLotus

Lol.. played them at my wedding full of mormons...that and Animals, by the Bloodhound gang... They weren't pleased either. hehe.. one sure way to find out who really cares enough to be there for the right reasons lawl
  12. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

13. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

14. LogicaLotus

Love GodSmack. Been listening to Pretty Reckless a lot. Love this band. Was going to go see them a couple years ago around the time they first released the first album. Was going to go see them with my cousin but we had conflicting dates on when we could go together.
    Maybe next time.

Attached Files:

15. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

16. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

17. Toaster

Toaster Active Member

Came across this artist. I don't listen to a lot of electronica, trance, house, dubstep, etc but this is pretty nifty.

18. BladeWave

BladeWave New Member

Currently one of my favorites...
  19. LogicaLotus

Seems we listen to a lot of the same music/styles... :)
  20. LogicaLotus

Currently on a Panic at the Disco binge..