What you should know about Ski_n_Longboard

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ski_n_Longboard, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Ski_n_Longboard

Ski_n_Longboard Well-Known Member

Hello! I'm Ski_n_Longboard, also known as 'Ski'. Follow me on Instagram.

I've been a player on this server since August 2012, a supporter since December 2012, and now a Moderator since August 2013 (ended moderating summer 2014).

From collecting thousands upon thousands of food items to building magnificent houses, I love this server and helping those on it.

20 years old, Colorado, USA.
    prof pic.jpg
    What I build: http://vanillaworld.org/threads/ski_n_longboards-plantation.114/

Where 'Ski' comes from:

AIN'T NO HOLLA BACK GURL. Black Jacket, blue bindings.

Quick edit, thanks to my skiing buddy Joe. This is 13 years of skiing all winter, showing off everything I've got.

Where 'Longboard' comes from:

(White helmet, dark grey sweatshirt, shorts)

(Only 1-2 shots of me. White fullface, black sh irt, beginning).
    Ask me about my setups or for gear/sliding/DH advice! :)

I constantly trade and I'm open to everything and anything. AMA!
  2. justin_147

justin_147 Active Member

Awesome dude see you on the server
    Ski_n_Longboard likes this.
  3. JoshA22

JoshA22 VIP

Wow, you were playing from the start! Did you get to experience the horrific, short time the server was run on my PC? I think it was just for a day or two though.
  4. Ski_n_Longboard

I did Josh :)
    I also remember when the server cap was 20 people, and it would barely reach 15 during peak hours!
    JoshA22 likes this.
  5. Ski_n_Longboard

Updated with info (I'm bored :) ).
  6. ElleLightbulb

ElleLightbulb Moderator Staff Member

so you DO ski n longboard irl :p haha
  7. Ski_n_Longboard

8. ElleLightbulb

... is the red shirt guys rips from stacks or just fashionable? :p
  9. Compton412

Compton412 Member

You definitely deserve the name "Ski_n_Longboard"!
  10. Ski_n_Longboard

Tanner had a bunch of bad falls that morning haha. We all own "skate clothes", or old clothes that are OK to get ripped.
    Here's another friend, happened last week :p http://instagram.com/p/YMLr0qpVhY/
  11. Compton412

Compton412 Member

How fast do you think you're all traveling on the longboards?
  12. ElleLightbulb

i like longboarding, its such a team sport everyone offering their hand to the next person, aussies should get more into it, but we dont really have nice roads like that which arn't often used by cars. haha such a show off in the first longboarding vid :p and your mate in the second ski vid thinks you're such a hero with all the "OH MY GOD"'s lol awesome stuff :p
  13. ElleLightbulb

oohhhhh thats some nice road rash :p is that after it stopped bleeding or before it started bleeding? lol crazy kids :p
  14. Ski_n_Longboard

Using GPS apps (or being followed my cars), I've gone close to 52 MPH down a long stretch of road at the Buffalo Bill Downhill Race :) My street's hill is a 2:00 ride with a top speed of 44-47 MPH.

Elle! There is a very large growing Longboard scene in AU!
    ElleLightbulb likes this.
  15. Compton412

Compton412 Member

Amazing! Props to you dude!
  16. ElleLightbulb

oh cool :p theres hope for us aussies yet haha that aussie vid reminds me of the sliders i saw near my place. there were a few guys with a car up front and behind who were on the little trike sliders racing down a really windie hill :p that i want to do!!! i've seen a few vids like that on youtube too haha
  17. thejoey2584

thejoey2584 New Member

Hey. I'm 5'6.5 and I want to get into longboarding. Can you recommend me a board I can get for >12o dollars that is good for cruising around/turning/maybe decent carving?
  18. antony_cathles

antony_cathles Moderator Staff Member

I just saw this thread rocco, nice videos. looks like fun.
  19. Ski_n_Longboard

It's definitely going to be hard to find a truly decent COMPLETE setup for under $120. If price is your only problem, I would check out Sector Nine's boards. They're lower in terms of quality, but they are cheaper completes.

Here's my advice: You want a good longboard. You'll ride it a ton, you'll use it as transportation, and if you're like me, you'll use it for cruising around your college campus along with all of the other longboarding students.
    If you feel even remotely like you'll spend a good amount of time longboarding, start with a good setup. Most people I know spend $100-150 on a crappy complete setup, and regret it when they spend $300 on an entire brand-new complete because they hated their old board. Save the money, start with a good board.

Also, depending on how much you know about longboards and their parts, don't buy a complete. Build your own. I can suggest many different trucks & wheels for setups ranging from cruising/carving, to more performing setups for hard carving, downhill, sliding, tech sliding and freestyle tricks.

In short: Sector 9 has cheap boards. You will probably sell your cheap board. So, start with a good setup that you build yourself and you'll save money in the long run. Be warned, a good complete setup can range from $250-$400. I have 5 boards currently and all of them are over $300 in price.... BUT (and I know this is contradicting what I said earlier), remember: It's the rider who makes the board good, not the board that makes the rider better. A good setup is worthless if you don't practice and push yourself-- A bad rider on a good setup looks worse than a good rider on a bad setup.

Reply or message me if you have any more questions!
    thejoey2584 and Iking74 like this.
  20. rocky_jungle

rocky_jungle Active Member

Sooo you said online you had a bad accident